Engine Rebuild Status

GDITheman

#1 Post by GDITheman »

Tim,

Can you give me an update of my engine rebuild? I tried calling a couple times, but the answering machine never picks up.

Thanks,

Ray

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (GDITheman @ Dec 6 2006, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tim,

Can you give me an update of my engine rebuild? I tried calling a couple times, but the answering machine never picks up.

Thanks,

Ray

Ray,

Tim had a few bone spurs or fragments removed from one of his feet in the last few days, and it has left him immobile for a few days for the most part. If the answering machine doesn't pick-up someone may be on the phone or the Net (dial-up). Give him a few days to reply or try him back again on the phone.

Ken

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

He's most likely to deep into the box set of stargate I just sent him to answer the phone. LOL
Really he is out of commision for a week or so . If his leg doesnt get better soon a road trip might be in order to help out . He said he had several projects nearly finished before the surgery.

GDITheman

#4 Post by GDITheman »

ok,
wasn't too worried. it's cold and i'm not in a hurry to put the engine back in until i can get my garage better insulated.

thanks, guys.

timbomoose

#5 Post by timbomoose »

Engine should be completed and shipped out before the end of the year.Your and 3 other people items did not get completed before surgury like I had hoped.I thought I would be out and about the next day and boy I was wrong. Hoping to be back in commission next week.

Guy310

#6 Post by Guy310 »

I know what you mean about the "lower extremity surgery/mobility" thing. You don't realize how difficult it is to get rid of swelling without being completely off your feet and elevated for a while. I took a couple days and startded overdoing it and it kicks you in the nuts. Got to give it it's time, that's for sure.

GDITheman

#7 Post by GDITheman »

don't rush on my account, tim. like i said, i'm in no hurry. just thought i'd get an update to know where i stand. can you list the work that you've done or have left to do? i always like knowing what you gurus do to the engine. is it too late to give it a bit of porting? if not, how much extra for that and will it hurt the reliability at all? it was the fastest quad in the group i ride with before the rebuild, so i have no doubt it will be even faster with the new piston.

it wouldn't hurt my feelings to get it back in january sometime. i'll be on vacation for the last week of dec and 1st week of jan.