Crank Work

joedirt

#21 Post by joedirt »

Haven't heard anything...

wistech

#22 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (joedirt @ Jan 3 2009, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haven't heard anything...

Did he tell you the turnaround time ? If its just a update on a nonworn crank then less than a month is likely . If its anything else I suggest you contact Tim and keep on him. Be absolutely sure you leave a message and a phone number . If he doesnt respond in a day then call back . I wouldnt bother with emails as he doesnt use the internet much as you can tell by his post count.

joedirt

#23 Post by joedirt »

Will I ever see my crank again?

ScramblerXLE

#24 Post by ScramblerXLE »

have you called him???

wistech

#25 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (joedirt @ Jun 1 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will I ever see my crank again?

Does Tim know what you want or who you are? You need to call him and leave a message. By the way i am not Tims secretary . I just happen to bring up these posts and emails I get and relay them when I am on the phone .

So here is some info about why it is hard for some to contact Tim.

Tim does not go on the internet so emailing and posting here is a waste of time.
The phone line to the shop has been damaged so it doesnt ring out there ergo he almost never answers the phone unless he is in the house .
Tim works at night and sleeps during the day to get more done.
Tims answering machine is a relic from the 80's and only holds so many messages.
If you need to get ahold of him you must LEAVE A MESSAGE WITH NAME AND CLEAR RETURN NUMBER .

Tim isnt trying to be a jerk or anything but being literally months and months behind on work he had to knock the phone calls down to just customers and not those just looking to chat.
Tim still is not taking any more work until caught up so I suggest if you need something besides piston kits/ported heads to finds an alternative source for crank or engine work. I have a local shop(Kinney Racing) that can update stock cranks and has all parts in stock . Brad also usually has cranks in stock.

2000ex

#26 Post by 2000ex »

I say for all the great work Tim does we should all chip in and get him a new answering machine!

ozarkdaler

#27 Post by ozarkdaler »

I would be game for that. The man needs a secretary.

wistech

#28 Post by wistech »

Hopefuly TJ will be out and diggin a trench for a new phone line to the shop. Whats a good answering machine . Is there a good one out there with a simple caller ID and easy to use display ? Ill pick one up .

2000ex

#29 Post by 2000ex »

We can get him one and decorate it with schrapnel from the Halls of Destruction! I have a few goodies to donate smile.gif