Crank Work

zacke22

#1 Post by zacke22 »

hey tim
i was wondering if you'd be willing to install the z400 bearing in my crank, balance it, and do w/e else needs to be done to it? Im relatively new to cannondales and ive been told that the bearing is the most important and first update, and ive been told that you are the person to talk to about cranks. i dont have the motor apart yet because i was trying to figure out how much it would cost me first. so if you could give me and idea on a price it would be greatly appreciated. however, since i do not have the crank out of the engine yet, i do not know whether or not it is any good, like whether or not the rod and pin are ok, but anyways i was just wanting to get an estimate on the price. if you have any bearings then just add that in.
thanks,
zack

theJeStEr1340

#2 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Forgot how much just a rebuild is from tim, but a stroked crank is $350 if your rod is good and another $150 if your rod isn't good. I believe it is $150 for just a rebuild if your rod is good and another $150 if you need a new rod.

I have 3 2 racing seasons on mine, including a year for a track championship, a spring TT series where I got 3rd (missed a few races due to tires and 250r kit), and a fall TT series where I won C class. You will not be dissappointed with Tims work. Top of the line.

zacke22

#3 Post by zacke22 »

QUOTE (theJeStEr1340 @ Jan 5 2007, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forgot how much just a rebuild is from tim, but a stroked crank is $350 if your rod is good and another $150 if your rod isn't good. I believe it is $150 for just a rebuild if your rod is good and another $150 if you need a new rod.

I have 3 2 racing seasons on mine, including a year for a track championship, a spring TT series where I got 3rd (missed a few races due to tires and 250r kit), and a fall TT series where I won C class. You will not be dissappointed with Tims work. Top of the line.

Thanks for the info...

timbomoose

#4 Post by timbomoose »

Jester was close on prices.Here's a breakdown. Some prices went up because costs of materials have went up.

1.Old style billet rod crank z400 update $90(does not need ballancing)
2.New style forged rod crank z400 update $140 included machining for beller ballance
3.Stroker crank 2.2mm $499 with new rod with bronze bushing z400 bearing includes piston shaving to desired compression.
4.Stroker crank stock rod good $350 includes z400 bearing includes piston shaving to desired compression.
5.Stoker crank 6mm $575 completely different rod includes z400 bearing and bronze bushing rod can give discount core charge back on stock rod if good. Custom piston required because of long rod.

If rod and crank is good and just needs bearing and balances less than a few day turn around time.If a rod or entire crank it will be a wait.

timbomoose

#5 Post by timbomoose »

Piston kit prices.

95mm CP piston kits for 2.2mm timbo stroker includes Cp piston,chrome wrist pin,coated skirts and nicasil liner only $325

97mm CP piston 12 1/2:1 or 13:1 with aluminum nicasil liner with coated skirts and chrome wrist pin for stock crank(450cc),timbo stroker(467cc),or falicon stroker(468cc) $399

98mm piston kit 12 1/2:1, 13:1, or 14:1, cast iron sleeve, thicker chrome wrist pin than all other 98mm kits and gas ported. $399
stock crank(460cc) falicon crank(478cc) will not work with timbo strokers,but 98mm pistons for timbo stroker have to be special ordered.

96mm piston kit for timbo 6mm stroker(485cc) $399
97mm piston kit for timbo 6mm stroker(495cc) $450
98mm piston kit for timbo 6mm stroker(505cc) $525
All kits come with chrome wrist pin,coated skirt(some coated dome)high quality nicasil liner for superior wear and cooling,and are CP pistons

All piston kits in stock unless otherwise specified.Can custom make pistons or cranks to your specs. Piston or Sleeves CAN be purchased seperately call or pm for pricing. We also carry Cp piston for most other sport quads and some 4x4 Race,big bore or standard and can get wisco pistons for all other brands atv's or snowmobiles call or pm for availability and pricing.

zacke22

#6 Post by zacke22 »

QUOTE (timbomoose @ Jan 7 2007, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jester was close on prices.Here's a breakdown. Some prices went up because costs of materials have went up.

1.Old style billet rod crank z400 update $90(does not need ballancing)
2.New style forged rod crank z400 update $140 included machining for beller ballance
3.Stroker crank 2.2mm $499 with new rod with bronze bushing z400 bearing includes piston shaving to desired compression.
4.Stroker crank stock rod good $350 includes z400 bearing includes piston shaving to desired compression.
5.Stoker crank 6mm $575 completely different rod includes z400 bearing and bronze bushing rod can give discount core charge back on stock rod if good. Custom piston required because of long rod.

If rod and crank is good and just needs bearing and balances less than a few day turn around time.If a rod or entire crank it will be a wait.

Tim, if i were to send you my crank, could you tell me whether my rod and crank are good, so then i could decide if i wanted to get a stroker, or if i just wanted the bearing update and balance? Or is there a way for me to tell? Any clue whether my crank is an old style billet rod crank or a new style forged rod crank? I have a 2002 Speed, im not sure what # it is though.
Thanks,
Zack

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

Zack,

If the motor has a hydralic clutch it more than likely has the newer non-billet crank. If it's a cable clutch motor it is more than likely the crank with the h-beam rod. It's not a definite way to tell, but it's fairly consistent.

joedirt

#8 Post by joedirt »

I have a crank that needs updating. Should I call to get address or is it posted somewhere?

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

If Tim is swamped I have a shop close to me that can update them but they charge $120 for the service . Tims the best deal on any crank work. I usually keep a stocker of his on hand ready to go to in an emergency.

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

Like wise....this guy is a bit cheaper as he does them off the clock. smile.gif $100-$125 including the bearing depending on his mood. He has been $100 lately.