Piston kits and pricing

timbomoose

#1 Post by timbomoose »

Piston kit prices.

95mm CP piston kits for 2.2mm timbo stroker includes Cp piston,chrome wrist pin,coated skirts and nicasil liner only $325

97mm CP piston 12 1/2:1 or 13:1 with aluminum nicasil liner with coated skirts and chrome wrist pin for stock crank(450cc),timbo stroker(467cc),or falicon stroker(468cc) $399

98mm piston kit 12 1/2:1, 13:1, or 14:1, cast iron sleeve, thicker chrome wrist pin than all other 98mm kits and gas ported. $399
stock crank(460cc) falicon crank(478cc) will not work with timbo strokers,but 98mm pistons for timbo stroker have to be special ordered.

96mm piston kit for timbo 6mm stroker(485cc) $399
97mm piston kit for timbo 6mm stroker(495cc) $450
98mm piston kit for timbo 6mm stroker(505cc) $525
All kits come with chrome wrist pin,coated skirt(some coated dome)high quality nicasil liner for superior wear and cooling,and are CP pistons

All piston kits in stock unless otherwise specified.Can custom make pistons or cranks to your specs. Piston or Sleeves CAN be purchased seperately call or pm for pricing. We also carry Cp piston for most other sport quads including the ltr450,yfz450, 450r (in stock) and some 4x4 Race,big bore or standard and can get wisco pistons for all other brands atv's or snowmobiles call or pm for availability and pricing.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

BEST DEAL on the best piston kits!

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

CP's are the bomb. Very well made!!! DAB likes them the best also..

claas900

#4 Post by claas900 »

Tim do all 98mm pistons have a cast iron sleeve?

timbomoose

#5 Post by timbomoose »

98mm nicasil sleeves are special order.I buy them partially finished and finish them myself usually takes me a complete day to finish one. For me to buy finished complete was quoted at $475each my cost. Needless to say not cost effective.

claas900

#6 Post by claas900 »

Tim have you noticed any power different between nicasil sleeves and cast iron sleeves? Iv heard steal sleeved motors rev slower. Also what about power differents between the 495 and 505?..Thanks Patrick

timbomoose

#7 Post by timbomoose »

Biggest difference I noticed between a cast iron sleeve and nicasil sleeve is engine oil getting dirty.The cast iron sleeve will dirty your engine oil very fast, and will need much more frequent oil changes.This will also cause faster wear through all components from dirty oil unless changed more often. When taken cranks apart that had cast sleeves the pins easily had over double the amount of sludge in them. There is also faster piston wear from cast iron sleeves.The tolerance must be left looser on the cast iron sleeve because the piston will grow faster than the steel. Piston clearance for an average cast iron sleeve on a cannondale .004 average nicasil .002. More clearance, the more the piston rock, the faster the wear. The cast iron sleeve wears much faster than the nicasil which will also promote faster wear.Nicasil liners also transfer heat better than cast iron for better cooling.Don't get me wrong both sleeves work fine, just one is better than the other. Like saying old technology compared to new because thats exactly what it is.As for power I couldn't say how much difference but should be very little on a fresh motor. Biggrst difference for fast reving would be the weight of a piston. I experimented early on with the cast iron sleeves and was not impressed and was happy to switch over to nicasil sleeves. Alot of people see the prices for the kits I sell and think they are of lower quality because of the price.Believe it or not nicasil sleeves cost over double to make over a cast iron sleeves with good reason. Don't let the price fool you on the piston kits. To get a lower price to keep the price down for everyone I had to order BIG VOLUME. Sleeves alone on my last order I paid close to $10,000. I also order pistons in big volume to keep the price down. Cp pistons aren't cheap retail on a yfz or ltr race piston is about 270+shipping just to give as a price comparison but I believe they are worth every penny.

Power difference from the 495 and the 505 are about 1hp to1.5 and about 1-1.5ftlb tq. Dynoed 2 495's both dynoed at 58.7hp 38.5 ftlbs tq (consistant as you you can get, even was 2 different dynos)and the 505 dynoed at 60hp and 40ftlbs exactly as being ridden on pump gas. Going to the dyno again in about a week hoping to break 65hp with the 505 and from the research we did looks very possibly,but only the dyno will tell. Only difference with motor is a custom cam that I made and also trying the dual exhuast. I can hardly wait.

joedirt

#8 Post by joedirt »

With all this r&d when do you guys sleep?

wanablaze

#9 Post by wanablaze »

Tim doesn't sleep. I don't know how he does it. He's full of good info, and always learning something new.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

HE IS INSANE WITH URGE FOR POWER!really!