More power found?

wanablaze

#21 Post by wanablaze »

I've been patiently awaiting this next dyno day. I'm really excited about the exhaust cam and have a lot of faith in Tim. I'm also anxious to see how much can be gained with the dual exhaust.

I'm willing to throw down for part of the cost of operating the dyno.

Sand_Blaster

#22 Post by Sand_Blaster »

I cant wait!!!
Thanks for all your hard work guys.

ozarkdaler

#23 Post by ozarkdaler »

I hope it works great I cannot wait.

timbomoose

#24 Post by timbomoose »

Animalscannibal is dropping his motor so we can put the cam in over the weekend.We coaxed him to get a move on or we were going to give it to speed1b. lol. Can't wait to see what happens hopefully it'll be good and give us some gains only the dyno will truely tell.We're already in uncharted territory at 60hp hopefully we'll hit 65+(wishful thinking) and hopefully if we do break that barrior we won't find any week links in the motor.

tjusa

#25 Post by tjusa »

I think you already found Erie's weaklink tongue.gif "animalscannibal" aka Erie Tom lol. is my quad still in one piece or did hazmat get his gruby little fingers on it!!! give me a call if you get a chance i know your busy just checking in !!

timbomoose

#26 Post by timbomoose »

Joe I'll give you a call this week. I know the weeklink around rew pa its gotta be Scott for not lubing the swingarm bolt when assembling your quad.I'm still cussing about that its definately the biggest pain in the butt that I've ever worked on and the pond swimming couldn' have helped either. Better watch what you say about Tom and Matt until your quad is done their hand are in too.LOL!

timbomoos

#27 Post by timbomoos »

Well have exhuasted the cams and combos and here's a chart of what we came up with on the desk dyno. Gains should all be at 7000 rpms and above without sacrificing any lowend.We came up with a couple of combo that gave even more peak but sacrificed bottom and mid which is no good. We're looking for best possible, most usable power gain. Everything was figured from specs from the 60hp 505. Everything seems to be fairly accurate. Remember this chart posted is for engine hp not rear wheel.Quads are usually around 8-10hp more at the motor so everything is in the ballpark. Hopefully we will make simular gains in the rear world as in the theoretical dyno chart. Even if gains are half of whats claimed the cams should be well worth it.The solid line is stock cams and the line with triangle are with new cams. I will say the stock cams are definately good cams.Was very hard to get an improvement over the stock cams.Stock cams definately are high performance.On another note.There are differences between all the stock cams that were made, intake and exhaust. The right cam combos can help power and wrong combo can hurt the power. Hopefully all this work will pay off.These cams were disigned to work with all motor sizes and combos and should give gains in the same area.

cannondale27

#28 Post by cannondale27 »

5 and change plus exhaust.Its gonna be a good day at dyno biggrin.gif

wanablaze

#29 Post by wanablaze »

Time to up the rev limiter....

j/k Tim.

well, maybe not...

twisted

#30 Post by twisted »

****! 75hp at the motor, impressive!