dyno day results march 11 cams

timbomoose

#1 Post by timbomoose »

There dyno results are in but not complete. From the cams the goals were to get rid of the 7000-8500 dip or flat spot,keep the same power up to 7000 rpms and gain power from 7500 to redline and not to fall off as soon. As far as getting the flat spot or dip out of the power band it seems to be a sucess. For making gains in the areas of the power band looking for was a sucess and for over rev a definate success.The biggest problem was we didn't get to finish tuning due to a noise in the motor thought to be soft unhardened test cams wearing out. Noise was very slight but was not there before so we deciced to play it safe. An after though it could be is preignition, because we just got done leaning out an area and advancing timing. Don't know for sure yet until we look at it. The biggest "unknown" factor was the same exhaust on the pre cam dyno was not used because of the noise. I do think we a very high posiblility of breaking the 65hp barrior from the results we saw from the short can duals on speed1b's and didn't get to finish tuning. Here's some comparison dyno runs. 1st is a dyno sheet of the last 505 run with stock cams notice the dip highlighted and where it peaks it then falls off where the new cams keep climbing. Thats 3hp difference in the dip and about 6 hp at redline.3rd chart is a comparison of speed1bs and the 505 with the same exhaust the dip is still there.The other thing that was noticed was how fast it started with the cams. It started like a stock yfz ,really that fast. Another big note was all the feeback over the intake area was gone. The cam lobes were not more aggressive than stock in fact the same, camtiming and duration was the key.I really would have liked to see how high it reved out before fell off and how much power could have been tuned. The other big thing I wanted to test was how the cam would work in the stock airbox. In theory the box should not have been as high of a restrictor and the dip should not have been as prominant as the box ussually is. With the box the dip has been know to make as high as a 6hp loss in that range. More testing is needed. The other test we did not get to complete because of problems with it sticking was the deaton throttlebody mod. I truely believe it was a no brainer for more power. It would have built more power the only qusetion was how much? .2,.4,.6,etc. I plan on retesting cams soon. Hopefully will get a complete and true test result next time.The good thing is things were learned and gains were definately made.I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to these tests on the site. It was truely a group effort and is much appreciated.If it wasn't for wannablaze sending in his shortened exhaust silencer last minute the duals would have been ruled as a failure due to the long cans not putting the power out. Thanks Josh.The members are what keep these machine going AND GROWING!
i