duals vs fmf pipe

timbomoose

#1 Post by timbomoose »

Will be doing a dyno comparison against the duals and fmf exhuast. Last time at the dyno we were unable to finish testing due to mecahanical dificulties with one way bearing going out. Alot of people were interested in the duals but none were purchased.They were proven on the dyno worth 2.5 more hp than the full hmf from 8000 to redline with no notable loss under 800rpms.After dyno tests showed that the weight was almost the same as the full hmf.So vertually no loss of power from weight. This is a product that worked. I'm sure some people are holding off because of the fmf,well for those waiting the results will be in Sun night.Will be doing a shoot off on a 495cc fmf vs dual.My thoughts are the duals will be victorious but only the dyno can say for sure.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Good luck with the test this time and bring us some great news. smile.gif

I think maybe we need to test some of the more basic engines also. There are only a handfull of big dogs and when they can gain 5 horse power from a mod the guy who is running a stocker might be confused when he only gets 1hp from the same thing.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Good point. Also, may in fact hurt a small bore non ported motor. For instance way back the '02 head pipe Big Gun beat '03 headpipe FT. '03 headpipe is supposed to be better but in this case it wasn't.

m_mcgranahan

#4 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

Just curious how did the dyno go with the fmf vs dual exhaust?

Thanks

God bless...

Mark

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

I believe about a 2hp difference in duals favor.

fortlevi

#6 Post by fortlevi »

so.... i am rebuilding an on c'dale and am in the process of picking an exhaust now. what would you guys suggest? i have done a number of things to it already like handle bars, wheel spacers, tether, sprockets chain rollers trying to get swing arm plastic guides, brakes, coolant system, axel carrier, and some others. is there anything that one should know bout these odd machines. this is my first one.
any info would be helpful thanks much.
fortlevi

timbomoose

#7 Post by timbomoose »

For exhausts the fmf ti pipe and the hmf full put out about identical power and are the best single pipes you can get as of now.Weapons mx coming out soon.Hmf more durable and fmf ti pipe lighter.For most power duals are the way to go. Cobradaler exhaust makes same power bottom end +2 more hp from 8000rpm to redline,Wistech makes a dual toaster system that is low decibal and makes just a little more and for max power mydream ride made a dual systemthat was almost 4 more hp than the best single system out there. The big thing to do on these machines is make sure alll the updates are done and do regular matenence. Keep the air filter clean and change the oil. Make sure to run good oil and change regularly.

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

I have not tested the big bore duals on the stock engine yet as Neil has been racing with it. Im sure it will be good as he has said it made great power on top.

timbomoose

#9 Post by timbomoose »

Can't wait to see the results on that set. Will there be a new best exhuast and over throw the mydreamride duals?