parts?

440speedkid

#1 Post by 440speedkid »

Hey i just got my dale dont know one thing about them, pretty much i have a stock blow engine i need, a new piston and sleve(asumming its a kit) for it and a crank (z400). listen i dont know much about quads just got into it, so please bear with me. Also what wounld a new engine coast me.

440speedkid

#2 Post by 440speedkid »

Hey idk if this is the right place to post but how much for a new motor, just the 440 with a good piston and crank. really need to buy, cnt just fix with parts no techs for dales near me.

ozarkdaler

#3 Post by ozarkdaler »

you need to call or email him. His info is at timbomoose.com

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Where are you located?

440speedkid

#5 Post by 440speedkid »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Jun 4 2007, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where are you located?

long island new yourk

mxracer776

#6 Post by mxracer776 »

it must be spreading here on long island.i also have a dale with a screwed up motor. huh.gif

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

I would say the highest population of dales is in the north east US. Its nuts how many are up in the Ohio, Penn, New York area. But, thanks to Mark aka G8rbait we have a nice population here in Arkansas.

timbomoos

#8 Post by timbomoos »

Hi,
Give me a call at 1(814)796-6667. Can figure out which way to go rebuild or new motor.I'd watch out who you buy a motor from. There are some serious crooks out there. Just in my shop the past few weeks.I worked on a motor that was supposed to be fresh new 450 motor that someone paid 2300 for didn't run and when I took the motor apart was full of sand. Another one that was supposed to have my stuff in it 467cc with stroker crank and big bore piston and had no such stuff in it was supposed to be low hrs and was no way possible and assemble like dung, and another that was supposed to have 16 hrs on it and cams and piston was completely wiped out and the oil was such sludge it pluged the frame spar. I'll post some pics. Just watch out on ebay and pay attention who you are buying from on the sites.There are some real crooks out there but also alot of good honest people just need to sort through.All the sites sponsors are top notch and if wanting to buy from a member just ask ?'s.Most members are extremely honest people.A way to sort through is by looking at there post.If there only post are for sale and nothing else that can be a red flag.

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

Unless your engine is utterly destroyed I would recomend rebuilding it. A good way to spot questionable engines is to ask lots and lots of detailed questions about every single thing done to it. Find out who built it last and call them . If they advertise certain parts in them do a search on the web sites and find out everything about the parts. There are many bad aftermarket parts out there. A dead givaway is when someone states it has "all the updates" and cant tell you wha they were. And price is not directly proportional to power or quality iin the cannondale world.

mxracer776

#10 Post by mxracer776 »

i'm planing on a rebuild just not sure how much i will have to spend.if the motor is bone stock and needed to be updated how much would you say around.i want to be ready when the call comes not short on funds and have to make them what.