replacement falicon pins

timbomoose

#11 Post by timbomoose »

I sent the pics to ATK and I was impressed. They were really on top of things. They've found the same other issues that I've found and are definitely checking them over for quality control before installing or sending out. They were very interested in the pin info. If someone were to purchase a Falicon crank I would say the best place to purchase would be though ATK because they are inspecting for runout, crank width, the right keyway slot, out of round splines, etc. and if not within spec. they fix them or send them back and they have also have been working with Falicon on some changes they would like made. Now that's as much as you can ask from a company. Let me say a lot of ones I've seen coming direct from Falicon that I installed were garbage that should have never been sent out. This was and is a lot of waisted time for myself going over a new almost $1000 crank and having to fix it or send it back. ATK and anyone else purchasing should also not have to deal with going over and fixing something that is brand new and cost so much. The design, besides the pin is a good strong quality crank with the full circle, Falicon's quality control is the biggest issue. It's not just the Cannondale ones I've seen Yamaha's too. ATK deserves some credit here for trying to give their customers a quality product and Falicon needs to get their act together over 50% of the cranks I've installed were past max runout on one side or the other new and unrun some were fixable and some were not. If purchasing one have inspected before install if not buy it from ATK who is.

wayneschofield

#12 Post by wayneschofield »

Hi Tim

I didn't get to send my Falicon crank over there, are you willing to send me just the pin please? Are they to stock weight?

How's the short stroke one getting on, did you get to have a look at it yet?

Cheers

Wayne.

wayneschofield

#13 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (Wayne Schofield @ Jan 5 2008, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Tim

I didn't get to send my Falicon crank over there, are you willing to send me just the pin please? Are they to stock weight?

How's the short stroke one getting on, did you get to have a look at it yet?

Cheers

Wayne.

Any news on the above yet Tim? Tell me to 'bog off' if you like..... biggrin.gif

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

He hardly gets on here cause of work. Best bet is to call him Wayne. I shipped your head and crank over to him today.

wayneschofield

#15 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jan 13 2008, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He hardly gets on here cause of work.Best net is to call him Wayne.I shipped your head and crank over to him today.

Good man.....

Let me know what I owe you....

Cheers.

timbomoose

#16 Post by timbomoose »

Have the steel all ordered and should have the pin steel by the end of this week and the rod steel next week.Should be starting on next week. Can send just the pin. Will be weighing the pins to keep the same weight to keep the ballance correct. Looking forward to the short stroke project will be fun.Will be putting in the cams in the 467 for testing.I'll be running the R&D buckets with the cams because best proven buckets.Tore the motor and ready for reasembly for some good old R&D.