replacement falicon pins

timbomoose

#1 Post by timbomoose »

I've found there to be a need for an improvent for the falicon cranks. The problem is they are using a crank pin from a Yamaha and the oil outlet hole is too large and not in the center of the rod. The edge of the rollers fall into the hole and eat into the pin. All that had crank failures were due to this reason.In pic1 here's a pic of the roller,pin and hole.Easy to see the problem.Pic2 is hole location.Pic 3 and 4 is of new pin with 2 smaller hole and better location center of rod and both at 90deg of inlet hole.I will be making these in my next batch of pins along with replacement yamaha pins with the 2 hole improvent.This is the same way I've been building pins in my cranks and have never had a pin or rod fail.

wayneschofield

#2 Post by wayneschofield »

I guess I'll be sending you two cranks then.....

One with a busted bearing for the short stroke/long rod conversion and my unused Falicon for your pin upgrade....

How soon will you be able to turn them around do you think? My folks are going over there (bringing you some goodies) on Dec 1st and will coming back here early Jan.... If you can get them done in that period that'd be great....

Cheers

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Tim are you sure you want to mess with the Falicon cranks? Maybe just build the parts and let someone else deal with the liabilty of trying to press them apart.

peterock

#4 Post by peterock »

Tim,

Did you send these pics off to ATK? Otherwise I will.

And anyone that reads this post, this is the old style not the new ones ATK will be offering for 2008.

wayneschofield

#5 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (peterock @ Nov 21 2007, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tim,

Falicon could do to see them too perhaps.....

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (peterock @ Nov 21 2007, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tim,

And anyone that reads this post, this is the old style not the new ones ATK will be offering for 2008.

Pete You do not know that Falicon will make the changes necessary.Look at where they put the oil hole!Anyone would know that was really stupid.At least anyone who cares.Add that to the short rod issue,sizes the dont hit numbers and other quality issues leads me to believe Falicon is all about $ and nothing more.Tell ATK to put Timbo cranks in there motors and then we will have something.

peterock

#7 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Nov 21 2007, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pete You do not know that Falicon will make the changes necessary.Look at where they put the oil hole!Anyone would know that was really stupid.At least anyone who cares.Add that to the short rod issue,sizes the dont hit numbers and other quality issues leads me to believe Falicon is all about $ and nothing more.Tell ATK to put Timbo cranks in there motors and then we will have something.

Even though we would all love to see Timbo cranks in the motors, do we really see that as a possibility? Tim is swamped the way it is. I know Tim talked to the same guy I talk to at ATK about the cranks and he seemed fairly confident with the changes they are planning on.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats good.Just never trust Falicon.They have not put the effort into their cranks that Timbo has and have charged plenty for a halfbaked job.So many nobrainer mistakes its despicable.

peterock

#9 Post by peterock »

One of the amazing things is when I first got into racing is seemed like the falicon knife rod and crank was the hot items.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

They still are but not for Cannondales.Guess we just dont rate high enough.