Slipper Clutches

timbomoose

#1 Post by timbomoose »

A new product has been made for the Dales/Atks slipper clutches.

Kurt King has a completed slipper clutch project to share with the ATK/Dale community.
after much effort the project is ready for sale to the public.
cost is $1020.00 plus shiping
full due with order. 20 will be delivered to us by 12/22/07
thanks , for more info contact
supermotodad51
Kurt King
620-331-9715

Deityracer

#2 Post by Deityracer »

I'm sorry to crash this post... but... I am not quite sure why you would need a slipper on the dirt?? maybe I'm being dumb... I am a road racer also and understand on the asphalt COMPLETELY. hopping while getting ready to hit that apex isn't the best feeling int he world.. I high-side isn't either.

I thought sliding in the dirt was the thing to do smile.gif

If this is about supermoto... then I'll shut up...

Thanks
Derrick

wayneschofield

#3 Post by wayneschofield »

It's great to see that someone else has put up some money and time to see a development through to the end.

Well done all concerned.

If I do manage to get my X440 over here from the 'States I will be motarding it and will have one.

Won't be 'till well into new year though.

timbomoose

#4 Post by timbomoose »

"It's great to see that someone else has put up some money and time to see a development through to the end."

I agree totally it's great to see members work on a project and follow through with their ideas. The after market companies aren't going to do it for us so its up to us members. Anyone who's worked on any project knows how time consuming and $ draining it is. So if you want a good product support the guys doing it. A big thanks goes out to Kurt for this product, Wayne for all your wonders this year, 27 and wistech for the continous r&d, wannabalze for the carbon fiber, kdeal for the aluminum bling etc.

For the advantages of the slipper clutch supermotodad51 would be the best to answer the ?'s I haven't had experience with them so should leave it up to the expert.

wayneschofield

#5 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (timbomoose @ Dec 10 2007, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
,"Wayne for all your wonders this year,"

Er, I didn't actually finish much yet.... not properly at least....

Dead right on the draining time and dollars (pounds for me).... probably two hundred hours or more spent.... ????1500 on cams, I forgot how much on followers and their treatment, about ???? 1000 on flywheels, ????400 on fancy studs and nuts, ????300 on magnets etc etc...

The sad thing is I haven't had chance to fit anything to my own motors besides the studs and nuts so far...

Ah well, good things come......

timbomoose

#6 Post by timbomoose »

Thats the worst thing about it everyone else gets the stuff before you can get it on your own quads. All your efforts are appreciated on this site.

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

Amen brother!

I second the salute to the tireless efforts put in by the entire community and especially those mentioned above (except maybe me...LOL). We definitely take this stuff too much for granted. Please patronize the guys that bring us the goodies and the OEM parts!

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes everyones efforts are greatly appreciated.

I am in on this slipper clutch as soon as I can get some $ together.Visa is killing me right now.As far as it advantages:

Unknown to most there are alot of proracers that use it especially on the dirtbikes.Remember 2strokes?Remember how good you had to be with the brakes and throttle and clutch in the corners?Well this brings the higher entry speeds back without the need for the clutch control.Now factor in the extreme abuse engine braking especially off of jump landings puts on your motor internals and you have the reasons they are being used on dirt.It is claimed that in landing a jump or even hitting the revlimiter anywhere unless you are instantly pulling the clutch in at moment of revlimiter you could easily be instantly revving your motor 3000rpm or more OVER the rev limit.Speaking of jumps remember how on 2smoke you could get your speed needed for clearing the jump and then still have a little time to think about getting properly positioned and comfortable before launch?Unlike a 4stroke where you must either pull in clutch or be on the gas leaving the jump face to keep nose up?Slipper will allow this again.

Nickc711

#9 Post by Nickc711 »

wayne... many of us americans are trying to loose pounds.... laugh.gif

ACEwrench

#10 Post by ACEwrench »

id love to buy one for my SM quad. rear brake hop sux on the asphalt