Almost time for new dyno tests!

timbomoose

#1 Post by timbomoose »

With all the dyno talk on here lately have been getting excited to try the new mods at the dyno.Really going for 66hp this time with the 495.Trying a different more agressive cam that I made, a couple different throttle body mods, and mayby another exhaust. Shooting high, probably won't reach but hopefully some gains will be made. 1st time on the dyno the 495 hit 58.8hp 38lbs/tq with fmf exhuast and 12.5:1 compression last time 63.74hp 39 lbs/tq .Same head, crank, valves, new was modified stock cam 14:1 piston and dual exhaust. Powerband from the cam really worked well.Hopefull some gains will be made this time too. Hoping to get down to the dyno before the end of the year.Gotta start testing some new mods .Speed1b wants more power so will try to find somemore somewhere.Don't worry Brady the motor after that hopefully will be Steve's 505 with the mega head and high comp. Hopefully it will work and not be a flop, after these tests only other ideas I have at this time is the dual throttlebody then I pretty much tapped. Dynoing is just so much fun! Just gotta finish the lighten frame. My son was on me today to finish up. We decided to tag team it during his christmas break.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

If we can hit 65 consistently without Nitrous we will be in a very,very elite club with 450 bottom ends.After that probable max I envision Aluminum rods, light wieght valvetrain and anything else that can be lightened up in motor.Definitly will be some broke parts when we do that.No real way of knowing how light things can be till they break.Then you make them a bit stronger laugh.gif

Speed 1B

#3 Post by Speed 1B »

Im ready to get the ball rollin' for next year. Already having some lightweight parts made and gonna really go to work and swiss cheese my frame. With a new 505 and about 10lbs lighter i think we can pick right up where we left off last season. Im probably gonna throw some nitrous into the mix as well. Really excited to get started after christmas.

wanablaze

#4 Post by wanablaze »

Now I can't sleep again.

wayneschofield

#5 Post by wayneschofield »

Very interested in Rotrex C15-16, belt drive taken off a redsigned flywheel..... 100 hp anyone?

J. Delaney

#6 Post by J. Delaney »

Is that the supercharger that is used on the Super Squalo? In the article I read, the author was very impressed with the design and function of the whole package. 200 hp from a Ducati 999 engine, look out Desmosedici owners.