New Company Policies

timbomoose

#21 Post by timbomoose »

"I see, the piston was scared up, I"m guessing from lack of oil. "

Rod showed discoloration from lack of oil. I was going to ask that. The thing I like seeing even though worn out was a normal rod wear pattern instead of the 2 big grooves.

"With a name like yours I thought you may be a Viking..... "
Closing thing to a Viking is my inability to bathe or at least my wife says and also I have a dog named Thor.

The dog's name Thor is fitting for him. He loves to run with the quads and sleds. The other day he ran for a coulple of hours on the ice and the field was covered with blood. When we noticed this we looked at him and legs were just covered and soaked. He still wouldn't stop running and took a while to get him inside. After we got him in he just layed there. He still can barely walk 3 days later. Definitely a warrior!

jinx44

#22 Post by jinx44 »

I don't blame you a bit. I have a business selling garage kits and sheet metal. It amazes me how long people will wait to come pick stuff up after it comes in. I have had SEVERAL customers wait 2-3 YEARS to come pick materials up. I require 20% down, but they still drag their feet. It not only takes up room, dollars out of my pocket because I had to pay for it upfront, but there is also the chance of damage and such.

rayspeed

#23 Post by rayspeed »

I thought it was odd that my first order (a big one) came with no invoice! I had to find out how to pay and how much! I usually stay ahead of the game and send stuff not needing it back in a hurry and I hate to pester people doing good work! So by the time I get around to asking... it has been done and sitting for a while without me knowing.

I think in the case where a customer is not in a hurry upfront payment should not be necessary especially if they are regulars. However with a new impatient customer, fifty percent is not too much to ask and they should maybe get some priority.
So that would be my suggestion.
Ray

wanablaze

#24 Post by wanablaze »

cool.gif I'm glad you're putting these policies into effect, Tim.

To those that still have a balance with Tim, please contact him. He's a great asset to the community and I would have been long gone without him.

ktmlew

#25 Post by ktmlew »

Although I have no dog in this fight, as mentioned above, for the guys that are "in no hurry" a tear-down fee of XXXX amount should be a fair deal for everyone. That amount should cover 2/3 of completed rebuild labor cost. You just get the motor torn down and send an email with the "final" estimate and ask for approval to continue repair. That way you get paid for your time no matter what. If the engine is a dead dog then you could negotiate some trade-in for the parts...

You MUST get paid for your time FIRST! Parts are paid for BY THE CUSTOMER not you.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#26 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

I Agree with the majority here.... PTM (Pay The Man).

Tim the burning questions is......

Does the "New Company Polocies" come in XL ?
tongue.gif

twostrokejedi

#27 Post by twostrokejedi »

hey Timbo, start posting some of the stuff you have completed, if they have not issued you a core and have not paid...then ****...I'm sure people will gladly paypal over some money for the goods.

proflow

#28 Post by proflow »

Tim,

You built a 505 for me complete w/all your tricks & goods. Converted the case to hydro etc. I know the Time , Tallent, & Love you put into this power plant because I took it particially apart for further mods. IE: Clutch, Nitrouse etc. I inspected Everything & was not dissapointed. Everything you touched was a rare tallented work of art. (especially the port work) The only thing I paid up front was my core engine & some prior bought parts. That was very trusting & respected of you. Its hard to accept the fact not everyone is as trusting as they should be, fortunately you found this lesson in business & not in family as I did. Sometimes I think we are all abit too trusty & hang our arses out there to get hurt. You delivered a masterpiece back to me & I paid as expected. Id like to personally thank you, but your way too far from me ! My frame is being pollished as of now & then its time to own the dunes. What you are asking for now is absolutely undersold. People should be so lucky to find someone as crafty & tallented as yourself to work on their stuff. I say --Teardown, diagnose, & go from there price up front. I almost puked when saying that, but thats the way things are my friend. Once again I thank you for you craftmanship & tallent.

Respectfully----Proflow

cannondale27

#29 Post by cannondale27 »

Very well said ProFlow.I feel same way.Nobody cares as much as Timbo about our stuff.

CDMX215

#30 Post by CDMX215 »

so are any of these motors for sale ?