Bits....

wayneschofield

#1 Post by wayneschofield »

Hi Tim

Any chance you could get the cranks and head done soon-ish please? Let me know what I owe you and how to pay.

My folks are off to FL again in a week or two so they can receive the parts there and fetch them back for me. I hope to send them over with another crank for you to fix too, if it will fix of course.

Do you need anything I have at all?

Cheers

Wayne.

wayneschofield

#2 Post by wayneschofield »

Update....

They leave this coming Saturday and I hope to be sending three cranks with them for you to do.

PLEASE can I give you some money?

Cheers

Wayne

timbomoose

#3 Post by timbomoose »

Should be able to send the one crank and head by the end of the week. Starting on the short stroke one next week. Snows is starting to break hear now so will be able start putting the hrs on the cams. I bought some good coated buckets from rd valve spring to give a good test on the cams.Will dyno tune also.
"PLEASE can I give you some money?" I was wondering the same how much for the cams and flywheel? I'm very confident in the cam holding up long term. They look excellent. Will be run with an hr meter.

wayneschofield

#4 Post by wayneschofield »

Cams any flywheel were seen (by myself at least) as an 'R&D freebie'. I just figured you, of all people, would have a better idea of going about verifying their effectivness etc.

If it makes you feel better you can discount something you do for me, it's up to you......

Cheers.

wayneschofield

#5 Post by wayneschofield »

Come to think of it, I can send you some DLC'd followers over too this time, now I've found them!

timbomoose

#6 Post by timbomoose »

Will get a total for you later tonight. Thanks Wayne

wayneschofield

#7 Post by wayneschofield »

Hi Tim.
I just sent you $1000 via paypal (my girlfriend's paypal actually).
I just thought it might help you along a bit...

I should be sending another three cranks for you to fix. Two regular bearing busted jobs plus my Falicon for the new pin and a longer rod if you can.

Cheers

Wayne.

wayneschofield

#8 Post by wayneschofield »

Hi Tim

I dropped the folks at the airport this morning with a box containing three cranks (plus some sweets) for you to do when you can... I thought I'd use your sweet-tooth to bribe you... Steve told me about the empty wrapper you forwarded to him last time.... smile.gif

There are two busted stockers for regular re-build, Z400 and balance and the Falicon that I never got around to splitting myself.

The Falicon needs your updated pin design plus a new rod making for it as long as can be fitted into the motor with as short comp hight piston as CP can do, preferably 100mm dia if they are prepared to make one for me.

Feel free to use the original rod to repair another crank assembly that just wants a new pin....

I can make the sleeve myself. I have done a sleeve re-disign and would like to test it at 100mm bore if I can.

Cheers

Wayne

wayneschofield

#9 Post by wayneschofield »

I just Paypal'd you another $1K for you to be getting on with in the sweet shop.....

wayneschofield

#10 Post by wayneschofield »

Hi Tim....

Did you get any parts sent out to my folks yet? They are coming back here this Monday so, if you didn't send them yet, they need to be sent ASAP if you would.

Cheers.....

Wayne