505 held hostage !!!!!

Happyboy

#31 Post by Happyboy »

best solution may be you buying an already built motor. where are you from?

UpsMan

#32 Post by UpsMan »

You guys must have a different definition of "reliable" than I do.

cannondale27

#33 Post by cannondale27 »

I agree. A 70hp motor is pushed to the line, run 300 ft then pushed back. That is if your smart. Cripes even at 60hp how many are out there? Less than 5 or 6 motors. 60hp is a tall order no matter what brand you are riding. Can't imagine 70 ever being reliable for anything more than drags.

MX Quad Dad

#34 Post by MX Quad Dad »

One thing I would think about is, how rideable is the 70HP motor and even if you get 70HP how long would it hold those numbers as a daily rider? Like 27 said, unless you are just going to drag race only. I find that when you go for the extreme numbers even if it holds together you are talking short life between rebuilds wether you actualy use the 70HP or not.

If you have a buddy that has close to 70HP on a 450 and he beats you in a drag race, take him for a long tight and fast trail ride

proflow

#35 Post by proflow »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Feb 17 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing I would think about is, how rideable is the 70HP motor and even if you get 70HP how long would it hold those numbers as a daily rider? Like 27 said, unless you are just going to drag race only. I find that when you go for the extreme numbers even if it holds together you are talking short life between rebuilds wether you actualy use the 70HP or not.

If you have a buddy that has close to 70HP on a 450 and he beats you in a drag race, take him for a long tight and fast trail ride

Don't forget a tow strap!---Proflow

Speed 1B

#36 Post by Speed 1B »

The way I treat my bike I'd say a 70 hp motor would last a couple seasons for me. Its just like Steve said it has to be. I push it everywhere run it down the track, idle it back and cool it down. As long as the case holds the power it will be fine, but we have the strongest cases out of all the 450s. One piece design is what all the big banshee motors use.

Happyboy

#37 Post by Happyboy »

now we just need a flywheel that will stand up to 70hp. sad.gif

Speed 1B

#38 Post by Speed 1B »

Ive never had any flywheel problems and id say i am as hard on my bike as anyone.

jniebuhr

#39 Post by jniebuhr »

Timbo has my motor rite now and Im also hoping for a 70 hp 505 But at the same time I realize that the maintance and possible break downs are a lot higher when you push the limits of a motor, hp cost money wacko.gif

new daler

#40 Post by new daler »

Im from So Bo Virginia, I will buy a motor already built, but where do I get that. I know hp is money but we all bought dales knowing the problems and also the power, thats what I ride for the speed and thrill of the ride and to be the fastest may not do it but love trying. I travel all over working so picking up a motor somewhere is no problem. Also have another question, my dale is hard to change the gears are they all like that? Some times it sticks when I down shift an ideas?