Short Stroke Engine Idea...

wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

Wayne if you really want to detune a dale just get a Diamond racing ported head with the reangled injector restrictor bungs . Drop the compresion with a stroker piston on a stock crank. And put a screw in the throttle limiter. Getting Tim to retool and develope such a crank hurts the rest of us who are waiting. I am waiting on 5 cranks and some are almost up to 1 year now.

thedeatons

#12 Post by thedeatons »

Intersting perspective.... Who says one person's needs are more important than anothers?

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Its up to Timbo what work he wants to do.I am sure if he didnt want to do this for Wayne he would of said so.

timbomoose

#14 Post by timbomoose »

Smaller stroke will rev higher and take a higher rpm to reach peak with the same cam set up and make a smoother and softer power band up to the peak rpm. Working on this setup for Wayne right now and am excited about the project. As for faster reving usually the bigger strokes do rev slower but a propperly tuned 67mm stroker Dale(495-505) is the fastest reving Dale out there. The instant you stab the throttle it is at the rev limiter. If someone has a 495 or 505 that doesn't rev this fast it needs some tuning. As for the short stroke can wait to here how it runs when complete.

thedeatons

#15 Post by thedeatons »

Hey Tim... Just wondering, does it "seem" quick revving because the tires are spinning, or because it is just more power to overpower the dyno drum, or is it actually revving faster? Just throwing thoughts out there and trying to understand.... smile.gif

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Its faster revving whether on a dyno or not.You can even tell difference in neutral.Why?I have no idea.

thedeatons

#17 Post by thedeatons »

The neutral test is the one I was thinking of... Wow, that is weird... I want one.