Status of Timbomoose

kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

I am posting this on behalf of Tim with his full blessing.

Tim for the moment is not accepting any new work sent his way until he can get a sizable dent in the work that he has currently. He will sell 97mm piston kits from stock (and he has quite a few), but no new work until he can again provide more timely service. No one's parts have been sold, lost or mutilated (except maybe Wistech's...LOL). Tim shipped out a ton of stuff today and is hard at work making up time on everyone's orders. Tim is very sorry for the delays encountered by a lot of people and he is not going anywhere, he just needs some breathing room to get everyone going again.

The best way to contact him is at the phone number on this forum. I highly recommend that you leave a civilized voice message and he will call back when he is not in the shop. Tim said the service he was providing lately was too crappy and he is making a very concentrated effort to get everyone's work done.

Please be just a little more patient and please pay for the work as he finishes it so you can get the stuff as soon as possible.

Thanks

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

Got a box from Tim yesterday, THANKS ALOT TIM!

thedeatons

#3 Post by thedeatons »

In laymen's terms: The snow has melted away so he put his sled up.... LOLOLOLOL

We love ya Tim!

Dachshund

#4 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Feb 18 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In laymen's terms: The snow has melted away so he put his sled up.... LOLOLOLOL

We love ya Tim!

LOL

James, you could have saved Ken all that typing.

I think it is great that Tim is too busy rather than not having enough work. At least we all know it is going to be right when it is done.

big.elk.hunter

#5 Post by big.elk.hunter »

So how is tim doing on getting caught up?? I have a crank that I would like to have the bearing done on. thanks.

chris

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

If your crank just needs a Z400 bearing in it and not converted to a stroker Tim should be able to get that to you in a matter of a couple weeks. I talked with him a few days ago and he was getting along pretty well. The custom parts are what kills his schedule. I would suggest you call him, then mail him the crank with payment. Then follow up with a call about a week later.

big.elk.hunter

#7 Post by big.elk.hunter »

thanks I will do.....

joedirt

#8 Post by joedirt »

I shipped him a crank in december 2008. Who knows where its at now.

2000ex

#9 Post by 2000ex »

QUOTE (joedirt @ Dec 12 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I shipped him a crank in december 2008. Who knows where its at now.

Call him and see where it is at. I am sure if you stress you need it he will get it out for you.

Tim's craftsmanship is impeccable but you will need to wait a long time for it. As people have said it is the rods that he has been making that take so long. To put it in perspective for you, he is making these connecting rods out of a square block of steel, milling them to perfection, polishing them, putting different heat treats on certain area's to ensure proper hardness where necessary... you get the picture. I think he said each rod just to make it is over a day process and that is before sending them out for heat treating. We honestly are getting a BARGAIN for the amount of work he does for the money. Hopefully Pete's rods will help him get the turnaround times down to a few months.

Good things come to those who wait!

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

Tim hasn't been on here in months. Why people don't just pick up a phone and call him is beyond me. If he had any of my stuff (which he does) I would keep in constant contact with him just so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.