Falicon Crank

xtremesj

#11 Post by xtremesj »

Thanks for the update Dave, you must have a super squirrel secret number to contact him biggrin.gif I haven't paid him because he hasn't told me the price yet. I would happily pay him, just need the crank. I am not a dead beat and he has had the crank since last year. I guess if he didn't want to work on it he should have called me and sent it back to me. Also I didn't know there was a big issue with working on the Falicon's.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

I hear ya.

Canniboomer

#13 Post by Canniboomer »

Your Falicon is in the best place now, and really the only place for correct prepping for a Cannondale -- and no matter how long it may take. Tim did one for me last year, and it took almost 8 months. During that time, he mentioned it would be his last one. But, I see that he took on another one to help you out.

Anyway, if it does not go through his shop?.....it's too risky to consider even running one. So in that sense, you have not lost anything but time.

Welcome to the world of Cannondales with specialty cranks! -- everybody waits and waits. Hang in there. Your Falicon will eventually be as good as it can be, and you can then run it with some confidence.

xtremesj

#14 Post by xtremesj »

Well I still haven't heard from Timbo since my last message on Monday. I guess I will have to give him a call and check status again next week. If I am lucky I will get to talk to the mysterious Wizard of Oz. Since it looks like my quad will be down for awhile I went and picked up a 2005 450R that has tons of goodies on it. I rode it today and its a great bike. Needs some TLC as the previous owner didn't know what he had.
I am now considering selling the crank when I get it and parting out my 03 Blaze, time will tell.

xtremesj

#15 Post by xtremesj »

Timbo called on Wednesday and told me my crank was ready wink.gif

Trouble

#16 Post by Trouble »

good luck with that,you are a truly patient one,theres nothing worst than waiting on parts and service.I could never wait that long on anything,i dont care how good the mod is suppose to be.im sure a crank expert elsewhere could have helped you out,there isnt anything exclusive bout'the dale cranks,just under built stock.quick tip,put a fcr on that 450r if you didnt already do so..

cheetah5431

#17 Post by cheetah5431 »

Alright so I'm way out of the loop now. Last I heard Falicons were the best thing since the fuel injection. So what are the preferred cranks now for these monster stroker motors?

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

I never heard that. Has been major issues since day one. Timbos strokers are the preferred cranks if you can get one.

Jaybr

#19 Post by Jaybr »

Timbo,

Where is mine? I sent it with Steve's and I'd like to get it back and get the motor running again.