Who is worthy if Timbo is not available

Montez440

#1 Post by Montez440 »

I am asking for some advice as to, who is best Mechanic for the Job. to rebuild my '02 Cannondale motor...I believe the Crank Bearing went out...not sure...it did not shell a case or anything,
I have already spoke w/ Peterock...Thanks Pete...I appreciate you advice so far

I Plan on a;
New Crank
Billet Rod
432 Piston/Sleeve
Head Port Work...Dune riding,
?Would a Racing port job be to much for Trail riding and Dunes...would it effect the reliability?
What about a Velocity Stack? ...What modification will I need to do, if any?
I want the most bang for my buck! biggrin.gif and I want a Bulletproof Motor that will give me some good Budget Low end Ground Pounding power ohmy.gif \

and I have a custom Map...this is really mild, My cannondale would run right w/ a YFZ 450 no mods/Factory...so any mapping suggestions would be appreciated (one that is not to extreme, I would like one that would run w/ a Piped and jetted YFZ450)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and any pricing would be great too!
I want to send my motor to someone that is more of an expert than I...I could do it, but I don't have the experience these masters have...and don't want to waste my money on a minor error I may make unsure.gif

I also live in Joplin, Missouri

1ORMOTO

#2 Post by 1ORMOTO »

Good Luck, it always takes nearly a year for me to get any major issues resolved. Finding a Dale
mechanic that you have confidence in, that is not booked for months and months has eluded me.
If you can afford it I would suggest buying an engine that was put together by someone with a solid reputation and rebuild yours over the winter. You should be able to find what you described above for $1200-$1500 already built. Normally I would not respond to a question that was posted in one of the sponsers forums, however I have not seen Tim on this site in quite some time. Robert

Montez440

#3 Post by Montez440 »

I would also be interested in a Motor that is rebuilt...preferrably by Timbo, Peterock, or any of the other reputable motor builders.... I am looking to spend between $1500 and $2000
Thanks!

Montez440

#4 Post by Montez440 »

QUOTE (1ORMOTO @ Jul 7 2009, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good Luck, it always takes nearly a year for me to get any major issues resolved. Finding a Dale
mechanic that you have confidence in, that is not booked for months and months has eluded me.
If you can afford it I would suggest buying an engine that was put together by someone with a solid reputation and rebuild yours over the winter. You should be able to find what you described above for $1200-$1500 already built. Normally I would not respond to a question that was posted in one of the sponsers forums, however I have not seen Tim on this site in quite some time. Robert

Thanks Robert!
If you know of anyone that has such a motor available or a motor that is built a little more...I would be willing to spend a little more for one that is already done

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

Joplin eh..where did you get that quad at?
If you need it worked on I can help you out, drive that thing on down here and if you like we can mess with it together. I also have a drag quad i have been considering parting with. It has a 495cc motor with nitrous. smile.gif It hauls.

As for timeframe. People just need to understand the difference between custom and prefab. Parts that already exist don't take a long time, custom stuff which is exactly what Tim's cranks and such are take a long time. Now, Tim is slow even for custom fabrication which just compounds the problem.

Montez440

#6 Post by Montez440 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Jul 7 2009, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Joplin eh..where did you get that quad at?
If you need it worked on I can help you out, drive that thing on down here and if you like we can mess with it together. I also have a drag quad i have been considering parting with. It has a 495cc motor with nitrous. smile.gif It hauls.

Call me 417-483-6353, we can discuss

Montez440

#7 Post by Montez440 »

QUOTE (Montez440 @ Jul 7 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Call me 417-483-6353, we can discuss

It came out of Richmond Beach, Virginia
I also have a Q tech hood...and Q tech seat cover
My is a Red Cannibal
With Hipers and Yellow Bead locks
Walsh + 3 Front A's
Triple Rate PEP's all the way around
Walsh Stem
T2 bars
I Love it
cool.gif

Montez440

#8 Post by Montez440 »

QUOTE (Montez440 @ Jul 7 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It came out of Richmond Beach, Virginia
I also have a Q tech hood...and Q tech seat cover
My is a Red Cannibal
With Hipers and Yellow Bead locks
Walsh + 3 Front A's
Triple Rate PEP's all the way around
Walsh Stem
T2 bars
I Love it
cool.gif

Where are you located?

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

I am in Conway Arkansas, just north or Little Rock.

1ORMOTO

#10 Post by 1ORMOTO »

You might want to check with Dave Mueller (Canniboomer) one of the sight sponsers here. He is sitting on a couple of machines that his customers are having difficulty paying for. Post here in the wanted section also. Robert