Timbo, I need my crank

Jaybr

#1 Post by Jaybr »

Tim, I know your busy but you've had my Falicon for over a year now. I'd like to get the quad back together and I need that crank.

I saw you got XtremeSJ's done that I sent in with mine, so I assumed you did them both at the same time, guess I was wrong.

Kuma

#2 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Jaybr @ Aug 11 2009, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tim, I know your busy but you've had my Falicon for over a year now. I'd like to get the quad back together and I need that crank.

I saw you got XtremeSJ's done that I sent in with mine, so I assumed you did them both at the same time, guess I was wrong.

I don't know that Tim gets on the site anymore. Give him a call and leave a messege, last time I called he called me back within a couple hours.

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Aug 11 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know that Tim gets on the site anymore. Give him a call and leave a messege, last time I called he called me back within a couple hours.

I've tried that too.

Kuma

#4 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Jaybr @ Aug 11 2009, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've tried that too.

Keep trying, some times it takes a few calls, leave a messege each time, be sure to leave your call back number.

joedirt

#5 Post by joedirt »

I'll take my crank back too...

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

For those who have cranks getting rebuilt.
Have you payed at least half down?
Does Tim know you exist?
Have you left a message with a clear phone number and name?
Tim has several items that have been ready to ship awaiting payment(some for over a year)

Do not waste your time posting on here . He has not been online since last year.
Tim is a great guy but his business skills are truly awful. Over the years he has been scraping by giving everybody a super buddy discount to the point where he makes little and in many cases he loses money on work . This has lead to a burned out attitude towards work. I have found that PAYING UP FRONT at least half of the cost and not jewing him down on his exemplary work give him motivation to get you work done. Also buttering him up by throwing him a bone example ( donating to him your blown cranks ,heads ,tires,a little bonus cash ) makes a world of difference in speeding up the process.
Personally I think Tim needs to get out of dale parts and do something ,anything that will make him some decent money.
If you cant wait for up to a year or more for your custom parts then you need a backup plan. Buy a spare engine ,get noncustom parts from the many other suppliers and do whatever you can do as a backup plan. Buy another quad. Do not rely on specific dates and deliveries from Tim . It will never happen and you will be let down.
Tim can do some things with fast turnaround times.
Head porting
Good stock crank rebuilding
He has piles of pistons kits in stock ready to go .

If you really need help give me an email and I will get ahold of Tim by private means.
Ask yourself this .
Do I really need a stroker crank ? We have been building some awesome stock stroke engines for several years now that can perform as good as the strokers.

claas900

#7 Post by claas900 »

LOL every time I try to pay him I have to give him the list of things he's done for me,and then beat a price out of him. So then what ever he tells me most times I throw in an extra 50. He's got some of my parts right now that I tried to pay up front and he just said he's not done with it LOL. So I dunno I just wait it out.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

For me anything I get from Timbo I think of as like winning the Lottery. It's a bonus and it is always done right. Kind of like artwork. Do you need it? No. Do you want it? Of course. Would you go to a Rembrandt and tell him you want a painting right away? No. Will he say it will be done right away? Of course since all artists are optomists! Will you eventually get it? Of course. Timbo is one of the most honest, sharing people I know.

Like said stock based motors are the solution. If I need something else right away I just get it somewhere else, wait or ride the Rapturd!

JayBr just get a stock crank and forget about the Falicon. You will be happier in the long run. Caniboomer has updated stockers ready to go.

Jaybr

#9 Post by Jaybr »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Aug 13 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
JayBr just get a stock crank and forget about the Falicon. You will be happier in the long run. Caniboomer has updated stockers ready to go.

The Falicon is brand new, I'm not going to buy another crank when I already own a perfectly good brand new stroker.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Of course you should get it back but then just get rid of it if your son is going to be putting some time on it. If it were perfectly good why is it at Tims?