Where is Timbo?

kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

Good news. Tim is about a month away from having DSL/Cable run to his house and will be a regular participant from then on. He has pretty much given up on trying to log on with dial up. Once he gets on he spenmds a lot of time and that takes away from time in the shop for him. Soooo he chose to spend the time in the shop making goodies.

The DSL guys say it should be a few weeks, which usually means a month!

Dachshund

#2 Post by Dachshund »

Cool, then he needs to run wi-fi and have a laptop in the shop. smile.gif

gml1998

#3 Post by gml1998 »

Webcast tutoring. LOL

2000ex

#4 Post by 2000ex »

Timbo needs to setup a webcam in the shop so you can all see the insane amount of time it takes to do just one crank smile.gif

svahle

#5 Post by svahle »

What we need is a way for you guru's to tune quads over the internet. Then I could just plug my quad into my computer and then one of you guys could take over from there. Then morons like me wouldn't be so lost. Of course I'd be willing to compensate for the service. wink.gif

jinx44

#6 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (svahle @ Mar 19 2010, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What we need is a way for you guru's to tune quads over the internet. Then I could just plug my quad into my computer and then one of you guys could take over from there. Then morons like me wouldn't be so lost. Of course I'd be willing to compensate for the service. wink.gif

If Cannondale had stayed in business, that could easily be a reality today. There are other EFI systems that allow live tuning via remote sources. Infact, one guy tuned about a dozen drag cars for different customers at a recent race, making changes between passes, and he was 1000 miles away.

2000ex

#7 Post by 2000ex »

That could be done easily as long as you have something like gotomypc. Remote in and do the tuning. Perfect for Timbo to make some additional money that he deserves for all his knowledge

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

Yes I could remote into another PC and tune from afar. It can be a little tedious, because you would have to have someone on the phone as well or e-mailing the info from say the dyno PC. It would really be time consuming. Learn to use your D&M kits and a typical map editor and you won't need anyone else. Then someone is only a call away for help. tongue.gif

TexasBansheeMan

#9 Post by TexasBansheeMan »

timbo still overloaded? I would truly like a BB stroker kit biggrin.gif

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

Give him a call his number is on the front page of the forums. He still hasn't hooked up to DSL yet....