cranks

311racer

#1 Post by 311racer »

hello Tim,

I was just checking if you received the cranks I shipped you and how there coming along.

Thanks, Mike

joedirt

#2 Post by joedirt »

hopefully he doesn't loose it.

Haz-Matt

#3 Post by Haz-Matt »

QUOTE (joedirt @ Jun 25 2011, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hopefully he doesn't loose it.

What's that suppose to mean?

Only if most of you you knew how long it take's to make the crank back to new when most of them are junk when he recieve's them. Then the people don't believe him and the crank is pretty much locked up. They say it should only need a bearing. Then they say I need it asap ,but he get's it done and they all of a sudden don't have any money or don't pay before. He's the only one working in his shop, doing all the work. His work is fantastic and for people like Timbo ,Cannonboomer, Brad, Wistech, ETC. that are still doing stuff for dales or where would we be.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (joedirt @ Dec 18 2008, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I shipped a crank to Tim today.. I hope he's still doin' em.

I get the feeling Joedirt has never spoken to Tim because I think i asked him about this a long while ago and he said he has never heard of a JOEDIRT or Rob Hertz. I bet if he ever got it there was no note in the box and the crank was smoked. With no contact after a long while it would just go in the scrap bin.

joedirt

#5 Post by joedirt »

I called... no answer.
All my info was in the box.
Maybe the crank was smoked...maybe not.

Haz-Matt

#6 Post by Haz-Matt »

Did you leave a nice detailed message? He will return your call. He has no phone in his shop ,so he can get work done.

who_gives_a6

#7 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Just keep calling. I've always got a return from him. Just make sure it's detailed as said and leave messages daily until you hear back. The guy is crazy busy from how it sounded when talking to him. I sent him some parts in May and said 4-6 weeks on them. Come to think about it, it's about time to checkup on them.

Tim seems to be a real stand up guy and knowledgeable as can be. I don't see him screwing over people in such a small community, so had to be some miscommunication, no communication, or mixup.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Is true. Will usually have to wait with Timbo but wait is well worth it. I personally cant trust anyone else with anything Cannondale that needs to be machined or the most power to be made. The wait is just part of the price you have to pay is how I look at it.

joedirt

#9 Post by joedirt »

I got a bunch of cannondales and parts for sale....cheap.

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

Tim says he remembers the crank and it was totally wasted. He called and left you a message telling you it was junk years ago and you never called back. He doesn't understand why its so hard for you to pick up the phone and leave a message. He says it may still be sitting in the box on a back shelf waiting for your response.