Earlier style clutchbasket bushing update

timbomoose

Earlier style clutchbasket bushing update

#1 Post by timbomoose »

Update is for early c'dale bikes and quads with the clutch basket that has the bushing instead of bearings.Problem bushing wears fast and causes excessive slop that can potentially damage components.Price $38.99.Bushing is removed and basket is machined to accept bearing used in all newer c'dales. Bearing is not included.Picture of bushing style basket.

dawzie

#2 Post by dawzie »

clean out your mail box tongue.gif

timbomoose

#3 Post by timbomoose »

Thanks,emptied

USAMoto00

#4 Post by USAMoto00 »

Hey Timbo, I just recently pulled an ATK apart that had a brass or bronze sleeve in it. Was this their fix or just an early basket that was overlooked? I am just curious to know because all of my quads have the bearing baskets. Thanks.

timbomoose

#5 Post by timbomoose »

Not sure.THe bearings hold up much better than the bushing in the early c'dales.Could be an old style basket that was over looked by ATK or they could be using a different and better material for the bushing than c'dale was using.Different materials can hold up significantly longer than others.Might want to call atk and see what they say.Let us know what you find out.

jamiesel

#6 Post by jamiesel »

what all needs to be sent in for this mod?

timbomoose

#7 Post by timbomoose »

Just need the clutch basket to do mod.

jamiesel

#8 Post by jamiesel »

Cool. Be looking for my head... should be there tomorro or friday... following its arrival will be a piston, a throttle body and now... a clutch basket!

CannondaleRider

#9 Post by CannondaleRider »

Where would you get the bearing for this....Or if I was to have doug send my clutch basket to you for this....would he be able to get the bearing.

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

Doug can get you the bearings (2) for this as it is a factory part (#5002050)

Support your local Haydug!!

smile.gif