Rebuild Elka's?

MichiganMXer722

Rebuild Elka's?

#1 Post by MichiganMXer722 »

I have a set of front elka's that need to be rebuilt. Can you perform this service? Make it alot easier on me if you do so i can just send my rear ohlins along too.

Thanx Jordan

JohnMX-TECH

#2 Post by JohnMX-TECH »

We are an authorized Elka dealer.
We charge 195.00 to rebuild the fronts and the Ohlins rear (NO extra charge for Oil and nitrogen), any wear parts are extra (if needed). We can turn these around for you in 2 to 3 days.
We can also offer a computerized shock dyno revalve service for 50.00 ea. shock additional.

Take Care, John

cdalemx301

#3 Post by cdalemx301 »

What is a computerized shock dynio and what are the benifits?

JohnMX-TECH

#4 Post by JohnMX-TECH »

What is a computerized shock dynio and what are the benifits?

Excellent question!

It is a machine (due to its' price) that I have convinced myself for years that I didn't need. That is untill I broke down and spent the cash.

In a nutshell, it is a machine that gives us numbers to attach to a shock via load sensor, speed sensor, and a position sensor. It shows us the compression and rebound damping forces of a shock absorber in respects to speed and position.

What it is not:
1. An end all tool that will eliminate actual ride testing
2. A "genie in a bottle" that will fix all ailments.

What it is:
1. A diagnostic tool for evaluating the integrity of a shock.
2. A tool that will let us see exactly how valving changes will impact the compression and rebound damping curve.
3. A device that will let us make changes via the riders request ie. "I need 25% compression damping", We can make changes and graph them accordingly.
4. A tool that that let's us get that much closer to exactly what the rider demands from his/her suspension.

In the end, it is a tool that we have in our arsenal, to enable us to provide the best possible suspension service to our customers.

Take Care, John

Cdalehybrid426

#5 Post by Cdalehybrid426 »

do you charge that same price for long travel shocks? i am looking for some one to rebuild my lt elka fronts and my no link elka rear ......i need a fast turn around i cant afford to miss a single day of riding .right now they are set for my 185 pound brother i need them set for me i weigh 145 .hit me back soon i am ready to send them right away !!!! to everyone else .......this guy has a sick turn around if he can get them back to you in a week thats crazy !!!!try to find that service any place else !!!!exellent service MX TECH

theJeStEr1340

#6 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Try calling John, he is pretty busy, but I think his prices are the same for LT shocks.

haydug

#7 Post by haydug »

For sure, call him! He has been super busy, with other issue's other than work to deal with. He'll take excellent care of you.

Cdalehybrid426

#8 Post by Cdalehybrid426 »

I SENT MY SHOCKS TO HIM FRIDAY I HOPE I GET THEM BACK SOON MAN I GOTTA GET TO SPRING TRAINING !!!!!!! HE SEEMS LIKE A NICE HONEST GUY FROM WHAT I CAN TELL FROM TALKING TO HIM ON THE PHONE AND EXCHANGING INFO .....SOUNDS LIKE HE KNOWS HIS STUFF ......