Rear Shock

ATVMX279

Rear Shock

#1 Post by ATVMX279 »

I have a couple of questions on rear shock. I see you do the ZPS conversion.I want to know if you can get any more travel out of it.And if so how much. And what do you think about cutting the bottom out rubber bumper.I have heard of people doing this.

JohnMX-TECH

#2 Post by JohnMX-TECH »

We can get more travel out of the rear shock, it requires completely reworking the internals. You can safely remove the top half of the shock bumper due to the fact that the shock uses a secondary internal piston for bottoming control.

Take Care, John

theJeStEr1340

#3 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

This goes along with his question. I traded my ohlins for some Axis that are set up for my wieght, they do need a freshening up, but I was wondering if you did a dual rate rear conversion (NOT zps), but an actual dual rate like the axis shocks.

JohnMX-TECH

#4 Post by JohnMX-TECH »

Jester
Our Ohlins set up uses a dual rate instead of an actual ZPS. A true ZPS has a very light spring, it adds virtually nothing to the overall spring rate.

We like to set up the Ohlins with a secondary spring that actually converts the straight rate single spring shock into a progressive spring with a controllable cross over point.

Take Care, John

theJeStEr1340

#5 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Nice, I have had a set-back (wreckign my truck) but you will eventually get my shocks, if not all 3 at least the rear till this summer