Ohlins Shock Mod

JohnMX-TECH

Ohlins Shock Mod

#1 Post by JohnMX-TECH »

Here is a pic of our modded rear Ohlins shock. The new shock shaft and completely reworked internals give us 25mm more shaft travel. This equates to 2.5 inches of increased wheel travel. Ride height is much more adjustable and free sag increase is huge.

Take Care, John

Psychosis

#2 Post by Psychosis »

How much does this cost? My fronts are off right now and would be interested in having the rear done to this as well.

theJeStEr1340

#3 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

How does this mod compare to the Axis LT dual rate rear for the dales? And do you do this mod with the dual rate non SSD set-up? (If the price is any different from the SSD set up pictured, how much?)

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

I like the longer travel:clap: One question though.With the long collar you are using between the two springs it doesnt look like ride hieght will be able to be lowered much more than stock.Does this new main spring have more sag than the stocker?

MichiganMXer722

#5 Post by MichiganMXer722 »

thats a pretty sweet shock :deal: Just got mine mounted up yesterday, its defiantly has tons more travel, rides low also. Can't wait to ride on it. John does excellent work and i would highly recommend him!!!

Jordan

jacobw

#6 Post by jacobw »

how much for this mod if we already have a ssd conversion on my shock or would I have to get your conversion to work properly??? needs tp be vavled also so take that into consideration:)

jacobw

#7 Post by jacobw »

how much for this mod if we already have a ssd conversion on my shock or would I have to get your conversion to work properly??? needs tp be vavled also so take that into consideration

cdalemx301

#8 Post by cdalemx301 »

I called MX Tech today...was told to go from it as stock to what they show it is 450

CannondaleRider

#9 Post by CannondaleRider »

Krash and I noticed something yesterday. While taking off a rear swingarm, we looked at how much more travel then stock was possible.

When we dropped the rear end just a little lower(less then an inch) then when the shock is connected, the chain binds into the lower chain roller, locking the rear wheels.

Am I missing something on how you get 2.5" more travel with this mod.

If it were to bind in air, locking the rear tires, that could cause many problems......nose dive, motor stalling, etc.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

I checked this also.True.