Canniboomer Direct Intake

J. Delaney

#11 Post by J. Delaney »

The reason Dave is so cheap is because he's got his wife and kids working away in a sweat shop in his basement! Cheap, economical slave labor baby!!

Canniboomer

#12 Post by Canniboomer »

biggrin.gif :head: ...whatever works? right?

For pics, I've posted several times here & there in the forums, but the setup has evolved.. Anyway, I'll post up this pic again, but it doesn't show misc included stuff, or the breather setup, and the K&N outerwear shown here is a rather loose fitting 250r O/W. I now have the K&N O/W in a custom fit to match the special-order filter. The UNI is also special-order, so it's hardly worth it for a guy to try and copy these. biggrin.gif

As for shipping quickly, I'm actually behind schedule on this current batch, and a couple of guys are still waiting.... sorry about that, will send out soonest, tks.

Canniboomer

#13 Post by Canniboomer »

here is the UNI version installed:

mike justice

#14 Post by mike justice »

Do you have to run a lot richer with this setup? Looks COOL I`ve had dealings with Caniboomer before,CLASS ACT!smile.gif

Happyboy

#15 Post by Happyboy »

Hey Boomer, how much more risk is there with flooding using this setup? Flooding for us southern boys means drowning it out. We hit mud and water puddles and the stocker gives us pretty decent protection. Have you guys hit the wet stuff pretty hard with these?

MyCannibal

#16 Post by MyCannibal »

i like this...what do i send you my ecu?...i dont have a d&m .....give me a quote..?pm me ...

Canniboomer

#17 Post by Canniboomer »

$120 shipped is for the UNI version with an Outerwear and K&N Breather kit (not pictured). just email for more details/options

As for floating, the bottom of filter would start to soak about 1-inch sooner than the stocker, and start drinking at funnel level, maybe 2 inches lower than a normal airbox.

If you get roosted with sheets of muddy water, I suppose a front-flap suspended from the cover plastic would be a good idea. But I bet it would keep running anyway. We hose 'em down and wash the quads without thinking of the filter location, and have ridden in steady rain without a hiccup.

As for hitting water hard?, it works fine for splashing through potholes and lake-skimming. I would be more concerned about "slow" crossings at mid-dipstick level, but the flange setup would be snap-simple to extend a snorkle from, for a remote air intake even higher than the stocker -- if you need to compete with a Rincon or Grizzly!biggrin.gif

acarli3

#18 Post by acarli3 »

Just so I understand how this installs, you keep the airbox bottom and only remove the top of the airbox...Correct? The new filter clamps on to the airbox bottom over the existing horn?

Canniboomer

#19 Post by Canniboomer »

You remove the entire airbox, including the bottom. The only items you need to keep are the green temp sensor and the bottom clamp.

Sand_Blaster

#20 Post by Sand_Blaster »

I'll be buying this set-up in December. smile.gif