Oil Sightglass Upgrade

jfarrar

#11 Post by jfarrar »

Originally posted by Canniboomer
Yes, coolants or oils, anything liquid.

But for a coolant bottle, you may prefer a different item here.... a slick bar-style column indicator that mounts vertical 10mm x 76mm on-center holes (about 3"), about a 1x4" housing with double viton seals each post -- if you can reach in with the lockwashers and backnuts to install it, this one will give a read-out range of 2 vertical inches.  Mounts quite flush, will stick out only 3/4" from surface.  Very high quality, clear lexan-type sealed lens housing, suitable for a nuclear facility! European import.
$30 plus 4 ship -- maybe better your application.

man that is just what i am looking for let mego do some measuring

MX Quad Dad

#12 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Originally posted by Canniboomer
Yes, coolants or oils, anything liquid.

But for a coolant bottle, you may prefer a different item here.... a slick bar-style column indicator that mounts vertical 10mm x 76mm on-center holes (about 3"), about a 1x4" housing with double viton seals each post -- if you can reach in with the lockwashers and backnuts to install it, this one will give a read-out range of 2 vertical inches.  Mounts quite flush, will stick out only 3/4" from surface.  Very high quality, clear lexan-type sealed lens housing, suitable for a nuclear facility! European import.
$30 plus 4 ship -- maybe better your application.

Would this work for the engine oil? May not require the 4mm thickness.

Canniboomer

#13 Post by Canniboomer »

Actually yes, the column style can be tapped in (without backing nuts). The 10mm x 1.5 pitch banjo bolts would bite OK at maybe 3mm wall thickness, and spec only 6 ft-lbs torque to seal. A flat mounting surface at correct height is the challenge... will be trying some ideas here, to spot-check true oil level without pulling scoop.

claas900

#14 Post by claas900 »

..Would we be able to tape the left side spar? I know the right side is a tank,so its in half,and there would be no way to split that.i dont think??..So could we stick it on the left side? for a sight? im just shooting out ideas..

theJeStEr1340

#15 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

hey canniboomer you have any more of those magnets you put in your frame? smile.gif

Canniboomer

#16 Post by Canniboomer »

I have more of the magnetic tranny plugs, if that's what you mean.... in sponsors section... $25 each plus total $4 ship.
paypal pacrimdm@msn.com tks.