Magnetic tranny plug???

kevin00

Magnetic tranny plug???

#1 Post by kevin00 »

you started making these right?
saw one guy had a problem but not too worried about it.
How much??

acarli3

#2 Post by acarli3 »

I had the magnet bounce loose but IT WAS A FLUKE and not likely to cause any real damage since it couldn't make it's way through the oil passage to mess anything up. The magnet did do it's job and picked up some small metal shavings in my new motor. I'd still buy one.

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

New batch available about 2 weeks, and will post here again soon, $25 plus shipping, thanks guys..

FYI, had a report today from Harry on other site, that he found a glob of what he called black "ferric goo" on the probe. His motor also had developed a knocking vibration, and he's ready to pull it down -- We wonder if a plate bolt is backing out and kissing the clutch basket, which would be just one likely source for a sudden increase of magnetic particles -- since only the smallest stuff should get through the tranny filter anyway, this was pulled out as a glob of sludge. Anyway, some degree of extra protection is there, and another inspection point for possible "happenings" in that very busy tranny case biggrin.gif

KYmxracer52

#4 Post by KYmxracer52 »

can you post a pic of what they look like? I may get one when they are done.

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

...also had several on ebay recently. just email your e-address for lots more pics.

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

OK, a great new batch available now.... same $25 each plus ship $4 any qty.

Paypal to pacrimdm@msn.com , or email for a money request with Paypal link, or to send a check.

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

Hey, check out this recent tranny oil change, and the fingers of iron particles actually trying to reach the magnet from OUTSIDE the stainless filter. This crowding of iron to the plug side leaves the screen more free to clog with non-magnetic debris, and will actually filter longer. Great result. This plug is really doing the job, with additional black sludge that you have to wipe off of the magnet probe.

CDMX215

#8 Post by CDMX215 »

are these available as i just stripped my regular one out if so how much and how quick pm info please thank you

Canniboomer

#9 Post by Canniboomer »

sent PM, yes I have more, can send tomorrow, $29 shipped takes 2 days. Just confirm direct to pacrimdm@msn.com and I'll get you an invoice for Paypal or credit card. Thanks.

Canniboomer

#10 Post by Canniboomer »

I guess the drainplug helped to snag a runaway E-clip!!

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...&threadid=13887