Aluminum CamCovers

Canniboomer

Aluminum Cam Covers !!

#1 Post by Canniboomer »

... or valve covers, either way -- New Aluminum!, to end the corrosion forever, no matter what coolant you choose!

Anyway, as the instigator of this particular OEM version, I should go ahead of Brad here, just to formally announce that: Yes, the deal is done, and we will have the Aluminum Valvecovers available within 6 to 8 weeks, it's no longer just a rumor.

You can be assured that these are the original later mold design,
with the same exacting profiles, identical to the Magnesium shape in all respects, but changed to ALUMINUM !!!!!!!!!!!

For now, these will be available from myself or Brad Oakley. Initial buyers that want to have priority delivery and free shipping, can send deposits at this time. The price is $139.00 each. A deposit of $75 will get you on the list, with balance due at time of free shipment. These will ship in the same order as deposits are received.

If you want to act now and reserve a cover, just use the email link here, and provide me your Paypal address. I will send back to you a detailed Invoice with a link for Paypal cash, credit cards via the secure Paypal site, or money order deposit.

pacrimdm@msn.com

Also, these will be showing up on the BlackWidow website and section soon, with the same deal and pricing, so you can place orders and make deposits there also.... And one more thing, I am happy to confirm that the former Magnesium mold is GONE!!, so there will be no more magnesium covers produced for our machines! You might say the mag mold has been "Cannibalized"!:hammer: he he
Thanks guys biggrin.gif

cdalepilot

#2 Post by cdalepilot »

this is great news:) sent you a email and pm

c41xracer

#3 Post by c41xracer »

how many of these ar going to be made?

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

There should be enough produced to cover initial demand and off-season rebuilds... and we intend to have these available on an ongoing basis... it all just depends on the continued interest this item. biggrin.gif

GDITheman

#5 Post by GDITheman »

sent an email

cdalepilot

#6 Post by cdalepilot »

that would be awesome ******.:clap:

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

:clap: Thats Awesome!Deposit on its way.Thanks Dave and Brad.

Cdale_racer_669

#8 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

who is making these, and why are they? what i mean is, i know brad was having trouble getting ppl to make them and how they said they cant, so just wondering why finally someone is making em?

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by Cdale_racer_669
who is making these, and why are they? what i mean is, i know brad was having trouble getting ppl to make them and how they said they cant, so just wondering why finally someone is making em?

It all boils down to money. It takes a serious investment to have something casted. Especially when you have to modify the original mold. With two people sharing the investment, it was easier to get it done. Just ask Doug and Jay on the Falicon deal. Take one $800 crankshaft and then pay for 20 at a time and you will see. Brad & Boomer had to get more than 20 made, just to offset the cost of the run and revisions to the mold.

Canniboomer

#10 Post by Canniboomer »

Actually, Brad had persisted this venture for a long time, just as he promised via the forums, and was about to plunk down serious investment for NEW engineering of a complete NEW mold and process from a NEW manufacturer -- very BOLD indeed! .... By sheer coincidence and timing, I had just happened along this different alternative and made a deposit, and alerted Brad that the OEM version was now more feasible after joint investment to convert the mold and give volume commitments. It was a matter of convincing the maker that "mag" could be abandoned for a larger market of future aluminum. The length of time worked in our favor, after they had years with no sales of the mag covers, and finally agreed to convert the mold at lower cost than starting from scratch. Until recently, it may have taken gigabucks $$$$$$$ for a completely separate mold, and megabucks $$$$$$ to convert the mold, not sure since so costly it was a total turn-off. Anyway, the commitment is still very large, but do-able and happening now -- you guys will be getting the best possible alumimum valve covers, so you can finally make your deposits with confidence. :cool: