Trailtech?

wistech

Trailtech?

#1 Post by wistech »

Boomer ,Did you have a speedo setup that worked at high speeds? The bike speedodometers I use now stops working above 65mph. I guess they figured nobody can pedal a bike that fast .

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

HA!....... that unit you saw was an inductive tach and hour meter, and working off the Hotwire coil setup.

But the Trailtech computer reads up to 199 mph. I haven't explored a pick-up magnet/rotor bolt for a cdale yet, but they could actually have one to fit and not realize it. The computer could project toward rider from on top of the handlebar topcaps, for a nice "float" above the keyplate -- another project? also note that "the man" at Trailtech thinks his upcoming tach/speedo/computer can be made to work with our ECU and CDI setup. I'll have to get a quad over there for some tinkering, and get more answers.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Cool. You know what Ive always been looking for is a small status dash for coolant temp,speed,oil pressure ,fuel pressure. Cant seem to find anything but light aircraft stuff that will work and be waterproof. That stuff costs serious cash.

theJeStEr1340

#4 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I have a great idea! Lets put a few more meatal rails on this thing, weld some hinges on for doors, and cover it in sheet meatl! then there would be plenty of space for gages and stuff, **** why not just build a car out of a dale!

theJeStEr1340

#5 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

*****Back to your regularly scheduled post******

CDALE022002

TRAIL TECH

#6 Post by CDALE022002 »

I HAVE A WORKING TRAIL TECH SET ON MY BLAZE WHICH WAS TAKEN OFF MY WIFE ARCTIC CAT DVX, ALL MOUNTED EXACLY THE WAY YOU'VE DESCRIBED. WORKS GREAT. I;M ALSO RUNNING A DAYTONA DIGITAL TACH WHICH I TAPPED INTO MY COIL FOR THE PICK UP, ALSO WORKS GREAT

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

That's good news, and note the Arctic Cat's are not listed in the Trailtech site or catalogs -- is that the same as the Kawi KFX-400?
Anyway, I'll have to verify the kit cost with a proper mount. The computer kits "retail" $80 and the anti-vibe stem mounts with protector are $50, and not clear if some unnecessary or duplicated items are in those 2 parts, when mounted on a Cannondale. Anyway, I expect to get delivered price much lower.
... pics of that Blaze would be cool!