Canniboomer Direct Intake

Canniboomer

#51 Post by Canniboomer »

....I'm getting you guys covered ASAP (shipping by end of week), thanks. biggrin.gif

GDITheman

#52 Post by GDITheman »

dude, i was getting worried about you. glad to hear you're back in the game.

disco

#53 Post by disco »

Just caught this thread,Any word on how many you have in stock or when another batch will be ready?

Canniboomer

#54 Post by Canniboomer »

Six more are planned in about a week.

Finally, here are some posted installation pics:

azcannon

#55 Post by azcannon »

I have 2 of these and now I don't mind mesing with the throttle body area when installing a motor on my quads also it make working on them much easier

newcdale02

#56 Post by newcdale02 »

hey 'Boomer,
Figured out a homemade adapter similar yours. It's disigned for a 2 3/4" ID filter. I want to use a UNI # UP6275ST, but my sources can't find one. If yours is 2 3/4 ID @ the flange I would like to order one. Please reply to flashbangm4@yahoo.com

Thanks

newcdale02

#57 Post by newcdale02 »

QUOTE (newcdale02 @ May 2 2006, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey 'Boomer,
Figured out a homemade adapter similar yours. It's disigned for a 2 3/4" ID filter. I want to use a UNI # UP6275ST, but my sources can't find one. If yours is 2 3/4 ID @ the flange I would like to order one. Please reply to flashbangm4@yahoo.com

Thanks

Dave, thanks for the quick shipping. Got the filter on Sat., now the motors bogging @ approx. 3/4 max RPM. Anyone near Jackson, MI with a D&M?!?!

banzairx7

#58 Post by banzairx7 »

Just put my kit in today. It was pretty staright forward except I had LOTS of zip ties left over. Not really sure what they were for.

Does the little filter in the end of the blue tube need any maintenence?

hogman

#59 Post by hogman »

Ok thats an answer but dont the ecu and fuel pressure regulator require vacuum to function properly?

Canniboomer

#60 Post by Canniboomer »

Good question?....I ran a K&N for a while with that fitting attached through the chrome top...but the Outerwear was a hassle, and it did not seem to make any difference?...But it sure seems that Cannondale intended that fitting within the stock airbox to detect some lower pressure, and to draw "some" vacuum. We have just not yet been able to detect the change? And then, in 2003, they changed to the 4-way fitting which pushes some trannycase pressure into the same lines while running? which might counteract vacuum anyway, and suck those fumes into the throttle body?
In any case, placing the fitting up into the "sealed" ECU tray should detect some lower pressure up in there while moving forward -- and the faster you go, the more so-called "vacuum" is up in there. But still, it may not make a difference, and I wonder if the ECU's were ever programmed to react to those fluctuations. As for the fuel regulator, I have a test throttle body with a fitting installed and flush with the inner throat -- I'll run it this summer with that same line connected there, and a valve to change quickly back and forth --maybe we can confirm some performance changes in regard to those lines.