water pump cover

jholleran843

#1 Post by jholleran843 »

It's been awhile since the last time I ordered some parts. Here's the problem, leaks out the water pump cover looks almost like the head cover has eaten away a little bit. It leaks out the buttome I was using an o ring but do they make a gasket instead? Also thinking about rebuilding the motor over the winter I had the southbay 450 national kit, so if I was looking for a piston and rings would you be able to find them for me? My email is jeremyholleran@yahoo.com Thanks

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

Hmmn I wonder if you have an aluminum valvecover?...Probably not, if it was a SouthBay motor job. I have the ALum covers in stock. The ringseal gasket on the impeller cover is quite reliable. That leak might actually be from the weep hole in the head -- underneath the impeller cover. Or, leaking from the upper section where corrosion may be happening, and then it just runs down to the same spot underneath. Any of that is easy to fix. And depending which 450 kit they actually used?, I might have a set of rings,...It sounds like you will be pulling down the motor anyway. I'll send you an email.

jholleran843

#3 Post by jholleran843 »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Sep 15 2010, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmn I wonder if you have an aluminum valvecover?...Probably not, if it was a SouthBay motor job. I have the ALum covers in stock. The ringseal gasket on the impeller cover is quite reliable. That leak might actually be from the weep hole in the head -- underneath the impeller cover. Or, leaking from the upper section where corrosion may be happening, and then it just runs down to the same spot underneath. Any of that is easy to fix. And depending which 450 kit they actually used?, I might have a set of rings,...It sounds like you will be pulling down the motor anyway. I'll send you an email.

I got the pump cover to hold for the time being. My new problem is I twisted my sprocket hub and want to get one asap. How much is one, and do you have one in stock. If so I'll order it as soon as the money goes into my paypal

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

Yes I have in stock....will email to you.

jholleran843

#5 Post by jholleran843 »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Sep 28 2010, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I have in stock....will email to you.

Hey, quick question I know rear sprockets are the same as hondas. Is there any quads that use the same front sprocket that would fit on the cannondale?

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

QUOTE (jholleran843 @ Oct 6 2010, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, quick question I know rear sprockets are the same as hondas. Is there any quads that use the same front sprocket that would fit on the cannondale?

KTM sprockets are shouldered differently, but WILL fit --- I am told but never needed to try.
The fastest I could get you an OEM Talon is probably Saturday if sent out Thurs.
Prices are 13t $10, or 14t $14, or 15t $15.

jholleran843

#7 Post by jholleran843 »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Oct 6 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
KTM sprockets are shouldered differently, but WILL fit --- I am told but never needed to try.
The fastest I could get you an OEM Talon is probably Saturday if sent out Thurs.
Prices are 13t $10, or 14t $14, or 15t $15.

ok send me the 13 tooth