61austin

#11 Post by 61austin »

Payment sent. smile.gif
By the way, your pm box is full.

Sand_Blaster

#12 Post by Sand_Blaster »

hmmm.
Dave You may have sold me.
Once I'll get the parts rounded up I'll send a MO out.
thanks

GDITheman

#13 Post by GDITheman »

Dave,

Are you still stocking these batteries? I need a new batt and may go with your setup. I've burned up two batts in 2 years. tired of not having enough cranking power.

Canniboomer

#14 Post by Canniboomer »

NO, I am NOT stocking the YTZ-14s battery any longer.

Not because it's not a good battery -- but because it's not the best, and has become far too costly by now.
And, the various direct imitations of the Yuasa Z14s have performed worse than our stock Yuasa YTX 9.

here is the much better "Stroker Cranker":

$69, in stock, and proudly made in the USA ...more details in new thread coming.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Send one of those along with my order Dave.I think I may need one!(no decomp starts!)

SlOoT

#16 Post by SlOoT »

C27, how good does an engine start without decomp?

I am also thinking about not installing the decomp, I realy hate that sloppy thing.

And I think I will also add that battery to my order list (the order when you get back Dave, after dec 18)

Thanks

kevin444

#17 Post by kevin444 »

yes...yes.. please give some feedback on the engine start with no decomp...

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

In my experience sometimes they start great and sometimes it is like turning over a Hemi Cuda.All depends on where motor is positioned before you start it.Canniboomer is working on a manual decomp as are others including me.I also may put a TDC indicator on mine to find that magic spot since bumping motor over with starter or wheels is never to hard.I have one motor to build and a bunch of snowmobile testing to do before I even look into the motor my decomp failed on so it will be awhile before I test this again.

Happyboy

#19 Post by Happyboy »

Running without a decomp is not recommended. It is extremely hard to start as well as being very hard on the starter motor. Bombsquad had a shop remove it and then had me put it back on because of the issues. If you run 2 batteries then you won't have the starting issue but that as well is very hard on the starter and needs to be charged all the time.

peterock

#20 Post by peterock »

Something like this is what you are probably looking for as to have a manual decomp mechanisim.

[attachment=9486:ALTERNAT...SION_KIT.jpg]