Canniboomer Motorcycle Switch Upgrade!

timbomoose

#1 Post by timbomoose »

From day one I had problems with my x440s stalling intermittently. Love the bike and it had been problem free since updating, besides the stalling, and over time it became a real pain in the butt. Stalling while climbing a steep hill or going over a jump is just plain dangerous. Tried battery terminals, wiring harness, voltage reg, operating code, computer, all sensors, grounds, etc and could never get it figure out. Talked to canniboomer and he said it was the stock kill switch. I bought the replacement and bing bang BOOMER!, IT IS NOW FIXED!.Thanks Canniboomer for finding this long troubling issue with the earlier motorcycles! It will save some people a lot of grief and some injuries. Anyone that has this problem, here's the fix and it looks real nice high quality too.

dvrack

#2 Post by dvrack »

Timbo,
Do you have a pic? and how much did it cost?I know there is no price on safety but turning my X440S into pretty much street only well 75% street anyway.
Dave

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

Price is $34 with connector plugs mated to YOUR model,...or it's cheaper with bare leads to suit.
It use a single 4-wire sheathe, for only one cable to route.....it's a Combination Start and Run-Stop switch, and designed to nest against the right-side Domino twist throttle. This should be standard equipment for our twist throttles, and Cannondale was starting to use it on the European street conversions. The identical switch is common now on many KTM's and Italian bikes. The stroke between Run and Kill is very distinct, and will better withstand heavy pounding and whoops, etc without losing contact,...to prevent that mystery stalling we have suffered. Also, there is less chance of battery drain during storage, when the stop is left OFF, instead of the stocker that is always-ON-until pressed...not good, and note that Cannondale did get away from that momentary-off design on all of the later models....both ATV and MC.

So, if you have experienced weird and sudden stalling, and then the bike will start up again normally?... you already need this switch, or something similar that changes the stop switch to non-momentary -- it could save you from a mishap.

In removing the start switch, (per c27's post shown below thanks), it creates useable space of the left bar for a dual-sport control switch, a simple light switch, or a speedo mode switch.

But for those of you that may want to keep the stock start button?, you can instead use the new black momentary switch for a horn!...I think a horn is useful even on a dirt-only bike -- for getting around those slow 4x4's on the narrow trails.smile.gif

Check with me for the perfect horn, OEM Cannondale, and it is surprisingly loud!..$9

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Here you go. This is definitly way to go. Very Positive engagement no chance of vibration overcoming it. And I really like having it all in one switch.