Boomer box good for XC??

Happyboy

#1 Post by Happyboy »

**** yah! OK, the problem with XC is we hit mud and water all the time. Now the front part of the no box option is wide open to stuff falling off the hood, down the stem, and all over the filter. Well, even with an outerwares it will still get on the filter. So, what to do? smile.gif

I bought some rubber sheeting to come up with a nice shroud. 6" X 10" worked wonderfull. Too bad I bout a 3' X 5' piece!! smile.gif

Here are some pics of the setup and abuse.... As you can see the outwares still got dirty from the dust, but the filter looks new! smile.gif I hit water that was 1" from covering my motor completely. Thats when I turned around. smile.gif

MyCannibal

#2 Post by MyCannibal »

dude...in the top photo it looks as though your steering stem is bent?....

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

Yeah, I never went back and added to the bad luck thread. When she was upside down last weekend it bent....oh, and when i was taking my clutch cover off to adjust the rekluse one of the 6mm head bolts stripped and i had to take a dremmel to it to fit another socket on to take it off.

Dang, I don't need to be riding.

banzairx7

#4 Post by banzairx7 »

boomer sells that filter setup? If so I need me one! Love to clear up all that room around the stem.

dalewannbe

#5 Post by dalewannbe »

That is impressive, that filter sure is clean for how dirty your poor quad is. That's for the info Happy.

jacobw

#6 Post by jacobw »

At least he didnt put his ugly mug in this thread! Oooooooooooooops I said that out loud!!! unsure.gif Just kidding LOL

theJeStEr1340

#7 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

What si that black plug looking hing sticking up in front of your bars, and what is the digital screen thing on the side?

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (theJeStEr1340 @ Apr 10 2006, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What si that black plug looking hing sticking up in front of your bars, and what is the digital screen thing on the side?

Plug in the front is for my helmet light and the screen on the side is my hour meter. As you can see it has 0 hours on it...brand new quad!! lol I am having trouble getting it to register my coil. So, a nology kit is on the way. smile.gif

GDITheman

#9 Post by GDITheman »

what do yu do to protect the temp sensor?

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (GDITheman @ Apr 13 2006, 08:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what do yu do to protect the temp sensor?

There is a mounting spot and a little plastic piece to protect it. All in the kit.