Fuel Lines

Canniboomer

#11 Post by Canniboomer »

Disconnects only, without a petcock. Pigtails click into each other for tank storage.

theJeStEr1340

#12 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Do we get new fuel lines with this? or just the little pig tails?

Canniboomer

#13 Post by Canniboomer »

I can include the line to the fuel pump, and the return line from the regulator to the return pigtail, with OEM clamps.

For the pressure zone (fuel rail sections), I have that line separately for $4/foot. It is 1/2" OD , but stock sheathing can be still be used with the compressed air trick. Or, I have some nifty heat sleeving (not shown) that fits easily with less overall OD than the stock sleeved line. I'll need to check price for that. We also have the various sizes of 1-ear clamps for over or under the sheathing, and the german crimp pliers, etc. ($24 in a kit with 12 pcs clamps).

Fuel Line is SAE 30R9 (for fuel injection).

The Cannondale line is actually SAE 30R3 hydraulic hose!, and not suitable or approved for fuel injection. In the past, I have sold a Parker hose in the same size and rating as our stock hose, but have since quit providing that -- it's not EFI line!, and has been a pain to fit over the barbs anyway (dang stiff-ID high quality Parker stuff!, LOL).

Canniboomer

#14 Post by Canniboomer »

This is a view of the tankmount 90-degree petcock with a direct intake. Note the loose ziptie around the left spar and thru the existing hole.

Canniboomer

#15 Post by Canniboomer »

Filter with non-valved disconnect, directly below the tank outfeed. The shorty feed pigtail to the filter is increased to 5/16" size there, to maintain the 1/4" flowpath at the filter inlet. The outfeed can be 5/16" also, or tied into the stock 1/4" line. There is still enough space to use a larger filter as desired.
[attachment=1998:attachment]

Canniboomer

#16 Post by Canniboomer »

Newer picture of return pigtail, direct-intake ATV: The EFI-rated lines are covered with silicone heatshield.

J. Delaney

#17 Post by J. Delaney »

Now, if you only had them available to the general public..........

DMAC10

#18 Post by DMAC10 »

I have had my Boomer update since before the group ride, I highly recommend it.

Canniboomer continues to do fine improvements, even if he is from the west coast. tongue.gif

Instructions very good and installation was no problem. Its great to help improve changing your
fuel filter also.

Good job boomer. cool.gif

sillysspeed

#19 Post by sillysspeed »

Nice set-up!!

sillysspeed

#20 Post by sillysspeed »

QUOTE (Easy E @ Jan 6 2007, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the petcock update on both quads and both bikes...awesome. You've never "heard" such a quiet fuel pump before - the open design of the petcock allows the fuel pumps to run as they were designed. Not a squeal from any of my fuel pumps and amazing flow on the tank return.

You mean to tell me that this will quiet down my pump that sounds like a sqealing pig!! It's almost embarasing (sp) when I start it up for someone lol Can't wait to get this mod!!