Air filter

svahle

#1 Post by svahle »

I am interested in your airfilter set up that direct mounts to the throttle body. I would prefer the UNI filter. I do ride in some pretty wet conditions. Can I run both the UNI filter and an outerwear? Please email price with UNI filter and an outwear (if applicable) and a pic if possible to svahle@windstream.net. Thanks and take care.

ozarkdaler

#2 Post by ozarkdaler »

you can reach him at pacrimdm@msn.com if he is not on here.

svahle

#3 Post by svahle »

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

GDITheman

#4 Post by GDITheman »

His setup is a great deal for the money. Well worth getting the kit from Dave. It has EVERYTHING you need.

svahle

#5 Post by svahle »

I got a hold of Dave yesterday and ordered his set up. As most of you already know he is a very helpful guy. He has certainly earned my business.

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

...shipping in the morning, thanks fellas!

383astro

#7 Post by 383astro »

I actually installed one today. I bought it from a fellow member and just got around to putting it on. Setup went on easy, no problems. Also got the clutch lever parts on, works great. Thanks Dave

ozarkdaler

#8 Post by ozarkdaler »

I got one but it is not installed yet. I still have not gotten a D&M kit so do I need to remap the quad after it is put on. I figured it would cause it to run leaner by just sticking on the set up and running it. Am I wrong?

Canniboomer

#9 Post by Canniboomer »

Well yes, it will run a bit more lean with better airflow,... but it's not a huge amount, and a D&M tweak may not be needed. Do you have the K&N or the UNI?. If you have an up-front K&N now (per your sig), then the direct UNI with Outerwear will be less of a boost. I think you can go ahead and install it, and not look back, except to see they guys eating your dust.

ozarkdaler

#10 Post by ozarkdaler »

It is K&N I might just install it this wknd to see what happens.

My sig just identifies a K&N on a velocity stack stock air box.