Ball joints

PAT GILL

#1 Post by PAT GILL »

Hey Dave,
Needing a set of ball joints for a 02 atv. If you have any and i'll get a complete set left & right.
Thanks,
Pat

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep Sure, thanks.
I'm sending an email via rollerdriver...smile.gif

zacke22

#3 Post by zacke22 »

hey dave, how much is a complete set? and is there any way to tell if your ball joints are going bad? (except for obvious reasons like the ball joint coming apart, the a arm hitting the ground, and the bike and ME coming to a complete stop this weekend)

2mike18

#4 Post by 2mike18 »

QUOTE (ZACK @ Jun 15 2009, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey dave, how much is a complete set? and is there any way to tell if your ball joints are going bad? (except for obvious reasons like the ball joint coming apart, the a arm hitting the ground, and the bike and ME coming to a complete stop this weekend)

I put the front bumper on a jack stand or something so both front wheels are off the ground and then I face the wheel and grab the top with one hand and the bottom with the other then alternate pulling and pushing while looking at the joint for movement. its easier to show then to try and explain but I hope this help you out.

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

Hey Zack,
Once any up-down play develops in the stock balljoints, they become rather dangerous -- as you may have experienced by now! You can check them by tugging up-down on the uppers as the machine sits. To check the lowers?, you might need to jack up the front end. If you find play, also double-check for a loose castle nut or shank -- but that is rare compared to the internal slop of the balljoint itself. The joint ball-shank will eventually spit out of the rolled steel cup (the steel is just too thin at the top cup-roll, and deforms too easily, to eject the ball, and crash!).

But, that is all we have to fit the original stock A-arms?,....so I will get you the price, and they are available from stock here.

Also Note,.... Pat Gill had the same decision to make about a month ago, and I sent him this entire new setup instead,.....for a one-time $200 more.

The benefits are numerous, and the balljoint quality?....there is simply no comparison. The new setup is far superior. I have one more set until the next batch is completed.

I will email more details.

....ps. thanks darkknight,..I didn't notice your post before posting.

2mike18

#6 Post by 2mike18 »

no prob boomer I was little bored and was offering up some info.

zacke22

#7 Post by zacke22 »

thanks guys, and dave i sent you an email.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#8 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

I have the new a arms Dave attached a picture of and I have to tell you that they are indeed far better then any previous version I have used.

PAT GILL

#9 Post by PAT GILL »

They are a very nice set of a-arms. My son and i were impressed on how much adjustment there was.

JB4XX

#10 Post by JB4XX »

I need a ball joint, broke one pressing them into new arms.