Spun it in Moto 2...

m_mcgranahan

#1 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hey dave
I spun one of your riveted flywheels on lap two of moto 2 last night at the ITP Quadcross race at Speedworld. What are you doing for flywheels now? Any updates to those?

Thanks

God bless...

Mark

Gibson265R

#2 Post by Gibson265R »

Do you ride a red dale? I was out watching the itp quadcross last night, and spotted a dale with a rider sporting the camel pack....you??? Anyway, i'll be out there every wednesday, so i hope to see you there sometime. Ill also be racing as many races at speedworld as I can...Look for me...black plastics number 83

m_mcgranahan

#3 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

That was me! I was so bummed whel it spun, I was going faster that ever, I even downhilled the big stepup before the start gate dumps into the track! My suspension was working so well and making ok power. Oh well. It was still fun. Yeah, so when I met Josh Creamer he said he got his start on a Dale! He said they were great but were front heavy. Pretty funny. Unfortunately I can't make it to Speedworld very often its 3hrs from Tucson! I do want to go to Motoland here soon, so I will ry to pm you the week it works out and maybe we could ride there instead???

God bless...

Mark

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Was just talking to another fellow Daler that almost gave up on dales when he spun his flywheel while leading the race. This seems to be the one thing that is left that makes the difference. We all need to redouble our efforts to solve this even if it hasn't ever happened to you. Mark hang in there please.

NRath

#5 Post by NRath »

That blows! Or spins, I guess...

Was it a pinned one? How does a pinned fail? I've got to assume either the pins come out, or maybe they crush and slip around their detent.

claas900

#6 Post by claas900 »

I have yet to have a pinned one or modified one hold up any decent amount of time. And when they do let go,most times stator and crank sensor go with it. The very best one I have had to date, and I'm talking better than twice as long but it will still eventually fail is Dave's stock balanced one's. As far as I'm concerned its the best choice we have right now. It's the only one that I will run.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Bringing this back up.Wayne you out there?Since first prototype failed how about one like this.Makes much more sense to me and almost all 4st 450's are similar to the old Cannondale design:
[attachment=10973:Original_Motor.jpg]

peterock

#8 Post by peterock »

I agree, that picture right there would be the best option.

claas900

#9 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Nov 19 2010, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bringing this back up.Wayne you out there?Since first prototype failed how about one like this.Makes much more sense to me and almost all 4st 450's are similar to the old Cannondale design:
[attachment=10973:Original_Motor.jpg]

I have his 2nd revised flywheel, tho I don't have as much time as id like it's held up great. Any other flywheel would have given up at least 3 times by now. I was just getting ready to post it and see about getting some made.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Nov 20 2010, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have his 2nd revised flywheel, tho I don't have as much time as id like it's held up great. Any other flywheel would have given up at least 3 times by now. I was just getting ready to post it and see about getting some made.

Awesome!I didnt know that.