oil shooting in to or under air box

new daler

#1 Post by new daler »

I have a 2002 440 dale that is leaking oil into the airbox or under it, I was told that only 2 things caused this too much oil, or the oil pump gears are stripped, I checked the oil while running and it was not moving so the guy told me it was the gears, now I need the parts to fix this can you get them for me and ship to me? I guess I need a new cover gasket, oil pump gears or a new oil pump which ever and I was wondering what upgrade I could do while I have that side cover off? Thanks email me at jpn23@msn.com

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

Yes I have all of those parts,... but your needs list will likely change after the motor is pulled to diagnose this N that.

And there are more potential reasons for the problem. A plug-up in the return oil screen (like from a forgotten magnet (blood clot) in there, or shavings from the frame) will cause the same issue, or a sheared pump pin under the oil filter block will do the same thing. And if it's the scavenge gear?,...we have to find out why it stripped, broke, or quit turning the pump.

I'll send you an email.