08 Quad Graphics and specs

peterock

#41 Post by peterock »

I know the group/dealers in OK have the slipper clutch. Not sure if this is the same as on the spec sheet.

thedeatons

#42 Post by thedeatons »

Is there a slipper clutch available for the Dales?

Happyboy

#43 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Dec 22 2007, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pete, have you uncovered any info on the Rekluse?

What Rekluse are you wondering about? The slipper clutch and the rekluse are two different beasts. I know there were a couple of guys in Ok, like Pete said that got one of the first slipper clutches but I haven't seen any info since then. Wonder how they worked out.

m_mcgranahan

#44 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

That is pretty cool to see 48hp and with a 10,000 rev limit! Keep in mind guys that from what I have been told, it is not uncommon to see a loss of 15-20% or more due to drive train losses when you do a rear wheel dyno vs a crank reading. So if a ported 450cc bike can turn 50+ at the rear wheels it is likely that the at the motor HP is 55 to 60. As such, I think it is not at all unlikely that the motor could reach 48hp at the crank.

Just my 2c

God bless...

Mark

PS. Is the falicon stroker a one piece crank, or is it a two piece with a pressed in pin? I know that the 1st generation of Falicons had a reputation of having reliability issues in the Dale motors, so is the new billet design expected to last better than the original cdale/atk cranks?

peterock

#45 Post by peterock »

the issues with the original falicons has been resolved. At least with the ones ATK is ordering.