Weapon MX Exhaust

UpsMan

#41 Post by UpsMan »

I like it anyway. It looks great.

UpsMan

#42 Post by UpsMan »

I'm glad this pipe showed up. My battle scarred HMF with quiet core tested at 102db this weekend. They let me race anyway; the guy doing the testing said his new Kawasaki with an hour on it tested higher than that, so he said go ahead. I don't know what is up with that, but good enough for me! I think the real reason they weren't strict with the sound this weekend was that the factory Polaris team was there and they were LOUD, and so was everyone else in the A class.

UpsMan

#43 Post by UpsMan »

Oh yea, Pete, I pulled the holeshot in the first moto!! It felt great leading all the Suzukis and yfz's. That only lasted half a lap though. I really need to get in shape. Learning to ride would help also I guess.

peterock

#44 Post by peterock »

Good job on the holeshot, about time you get one. It does suck to loose that position though. Just have to get some more seat time in. And by seat time we aren't talking about the rocker with a bottle of UV.

I'm looking into the options we may need to quiet down the weapon mx exhaust. Right now the current set-up is going to be too loud as well. I didn't measure it yet, but it is about 2 1/2" straight through.

cannondale27

#45 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ May 5 2008, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yea, Pete, I pulled the holeshot in the first moto!! It felt great leading all the Suzukis and yfz's. That only lasted half a lap though. I really need to get in shape. Learning to ride would help also I guess.

Way to go!I knew you had it in ya!Next one will be much easier.

peterock

#46 Post by peterock »

Roger has his exhaust mounted. He may be on later to post some pics.

UpsMan

#47 Post by UpsMan »

[attachment=6292:DSC01490.JPG][attachment=6293:DSC01491.JPG][attachment=6294:DSC
01492.JPG][attachment=6295:DSC01493.JPG]
Here is the new exhaust. It mounted easy. I have the quiet core in and it is very quiet. I think it is quieter than the HMF QRS by quite a bit. I'll get it sound tested next weekend. It sounds real nice. I'm going to take the quiet core out and get tested that way first, just in case it is quiet enough that way. With the shock removed and suspension fully compressed, the canister clears the break caliper by a few millimeters. Also notice the new "low foam" seat from Canniboomer. Good stuff.

2000ex

#48 Post by 2000ex »

Looks awesome, you must have some HUGE feet to have your shifter in that position ohmy.gif

wistech

#49 Post by wistech »

When they build the production version they should shorten the can about 4 inches so it doesnt get destroyed on the first rear end hit and not hang it off the grab bar mount so the guys with other subframes can use them. Looks like they got a lot of work to do . The can sure looks cool.

peterock

#50 Post by peterock »

These are the production versions and what other subframes??? A company isn't going to worry about building an exhaust for the handfull of 250r kits out there. Very well built system that has been tested at the 6 hour race in glen helen and also a desert race. They didn't have any problems. You can tuck the can in 4 inches but it's not going to matter if someone hits you in the rear end. Heck, Roger folded up his HMF last year going over backwards. One of those things that if it happens, there isn't much you can do about it.

Any reason why you are such a sourpuss about these exhausts John? Seams like from your view point they did everything wrong.