2008 Rider Support

peterock

#1 Post by peterock »

Getting everything a little more situated now. For those of you racing this year, send me your resumes. Several different levels of support available. Obviously work better is you are in the Wisconsin area but will consider all resumes. Please include a full resume and not just an email saying.....hey, sponsor me. In the subject line please include "2008 Sponsorship Request - Name"

atkracing@sbcglobal.net

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Maybe UPSman will come on here and say what he got last year.Was a real nice deal.Peterock takes care of all the technical aspects like scoring reports etc.He dots the I's and crosses the T's to "Get'er Done!" All the paperwork ATK needs to be sure thier $ is going to worthy racer.The things most racers I know say they are going to do but never find time to do.If I were serious racer committed to a series I would definitely take advantage of this with Pete.I believe someday someone will recognize what he is doing and he may become a manager for a race team full time.Yes he is that good.Take advantage of the opportunity while you can.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

I wish I could afford to race full time. I guess I would have to have an ATK for this right?

peterock

#4 Post by peterock »

You don't have to be a die-hard racer or have an ATK. Just be upfront with who you are, and what your plans are and exactly what the machine is you are racing. I may not be able to get you the ATK contingency, but you never know.

Pete

and thanks Steve.

UpsMan

#5 Post by UpsMan »

I don't know the exact amount, but I think I earned about $1200 in contingency money from ATK in the D-23 series and the UATV series. I was thrilled to be able to make some money racing. Anyone that races understands how expensive it is just keeping the machines going, so this kind of program really helps. Guys I race against are just amazed that ATK pays so much for a local series. Pete really takes care of the details also. He submitted all the results for me so I wouldn't have to. He gets things done for sure.

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

Wow that's quite a bit! That is awesome for a local series! What are the contingencies?

peterock

#7 Post by peterock »

all depends on the class, and series. Typically you can a break down of needing at least 5 riders at the gate, $25 for 5th and $25 increments from there.

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

Most likely, it would be the Indiana XC Racing series or the Midsouth series. Both are AMA sanctioned and have very good turnouts. Way more than 5 people at the start. These are both XC racing series. Does that matter?

peterock

#9 Post by peterock »

Doesn't matter, doesn't have to be MX.

modifyit

#10 Post by modifyit »

Hi Peterock

Is it too late for 2008 ?

Can you do it for Canada ?