fox rear shock rebuild

jacobw

#1 Post by jacobw »

hey much to convert the fox to the rebound and compression adjust dual rate like you did I am thinking about having that done and running some float fronts with some leagers i am working on machine right now and will probably build a backup

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (jacobw @ Apr 3 2008, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey much to convert the fox to the rebound and compression adjust dual rate like you did I am thinking about having that done and running some float fronts with some leagers i am working on machine right now and will probably build a backup

Those are a combination of a existing shock and the stock Cannibal Fox so you would need both shocks.The conversion or marriage of the two I would need $100 since there is machining involved.You can get the donor shock from Cdale55 or ask him what brand it comes from.Up to him whether he wants to let cat out of the bag as to what quad it comes from but it is worth asking because its a awesome shock when done and cheap.

jacobw

#3 Post by jacobw »

do you get a shim stack from fox?

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (jacobw @ Apr 4 2008, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do you get a shim stack from fox?

Shim stack is custom.

jacobw

#5 Post by jacobw »

do you have to get the valving and required spring specs from fox or do you go off what ohlins uses?

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (jacobw @ Apr 4 2008, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do you have to get the valving and required spring specs from fox or do you go off what ohlins uses?

I go off what FOX uses.Trial and error has led me to a great setup.