Adding reseviors

desertbound

#1 Post by desertbound »

So I did this before to a set of elkas I had. A local shock guy converted preload adjust only elka dune editions to preload and compression adjust. We used the reseviors off 250r rears and that added a compression adjust. It worked really well and really helped out a lot with the choppy conditions in glamis. My question is... Is this possible with the Ohlins that come stock on the glamis/speed? I am no shock wizard so I don't know what goes into it. I was just wondering if it could be done, and if it would even be workth it once the donor shocks were purchased.

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

I think Timbo was doing that to Speed,Glamis Ohlins a few years back,maybe an old post out there some place

desertbound

#3 Post by desertbound »

I did a search but didn't seem to find anything. Figured I'd see waht the Doc has to say.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes.Timbo bought a bunch of FOX resevoirs and I was putting them on the Ohlins.Work great!Bad news is he is out of the rezzys.New they are aroun $200 a pop.But if you can find a set its been done.250r's would work also but I cant remember what type of hose fitting they had.Banjo style would be a problem.

desertbound

#5 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ May 27 2008, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes.Timbo bought a bunch of FOX resevoirs and I was putting them on the Ohlins.Work great!Bad news is he is out of the rezzys.New they are aroun $200 a pop.But if you can find a set its been done.250r's would work also but I cant remember what type of hose fitting they had.Banjo style would be a problem.

If I remember right they are a banjo type fitting. I'll do some research. Maybe I can get a hold of enough reseviors to help some others out as well. Thanks for the reply.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

At worst would have to make a hose for 250r rezzy.My local hose builders dont want to make shock or brake hoses because of Liability.But I am sure some would.