Shock Shortening

cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Many of you may not know that I can do this. I have my own Lathe to make spacers or parts needed. Here is a pic of a 450r shock I just did. Simple mod and I make my own spacers which don't restrict rebound circuit like many others. Check it out. Usually can do this for normal refresh cost of $30 and $20 for shortening. Any rebuildable shock can be shortened using this method.
[attachment=9335:Tundra_049.jpg]
[attachment=9336:Tundra_050.jpg]

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

Will this process lower ride height of the quad? If so this is what I need. Thanks.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes it will. It also limits travel though. Iceracers, TT and Oval racers all like this. If MX or XC you would want ZPS which lowers quad but doesn't limit travel.

speedracer

#4 Post by speedracer »

This would be perfect for sand drags. How much will it lower the atv?

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

As much as you want or as little as you want.Take your spring off shock and put it back in quad.set quad at hieght you desire then measure from center of each shock bolt.Send shock to me with that measurement and I will make the shock exactly that long.May want to account for some sag by adding a bit to measurement.

speedracer

#6 Post by speedracer »

I dont have the tools to remove the springs,can I just compress the atv{by pushing down on the bumper and grabbar] to get the stance I am looking for,then measure that?You do this to the rear shock also?Thanks!

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Nov 15 2009, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont have the tools to remove the springs,can I just compress the atv{by pushing down on the bumper and grabbar] to get the stance I am looking for,then measure that?You do this to the rear shock also?Thanks!

Yes that will work.Yes I can do front and rear shocks.