Ohlins High/Low compression aduster

cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

A lot of you may not know that Cannondale had these on some of the bikes they sold in the very end. Most of the owners didnt know it was on there till I showed them. Anyway I never talked much about it out of fear that someone might mistake a normal adjuster for the High low and ruin there ride. I finally got a pic so shouldn't need to worry about that any more. Sadly only the bikes got it and unless you can fit a bike shock on your quad it cannot be put in a stock Ohlins rear shock. The bike shock or quad with bike top probably will fit 250R kits and maybe MyDreamride's new kits. Will be looking into it. Anyway I thought this was kind of cool since in 2003 I dont believe any other OEM shock had them on bikes or quads.
[attachment=10451:Ohlins_H..._low_003.jpg]
[attachment=10452:Ohlins_H..._Medium_.jpg]

exotic rider

#2 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Aug 15 2010, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A lot of you may not know that Cannondale had these on some of the bikes they sold in the very end. Most of the owners didnt know it was on there till I showed them. Anyway I never talked much about it out of fear that someone might mistake a normal adjuster for the High low and ruin there ride. I finally got a pic so shouldn't need to worry about that any more. Sadly only the bikes got it and unless you can fit a bike shock on your quad it cannot be put in a stock Ohlins rear shock. The bike shock or quad with bike top probably will fit 250R kits and maybe MyDreamride's new kits. Will be looking into it. Anyway I thought this was kind of cool since in 2003 I dont believe any other OEM shock had them on bikes or quads.
[attachment=10451:Ohlins_H..._low_003.jpg]
[attachment=10452:Ohlins_H..._Medium_.jpg]

That's good to know I was not sure if mine had it or not but now I know it does!so I have thatuch more tuning ability ,got any suggestions for a 6'4 230 lb trail/harescramble rider ?where can I find some stiffer frontand rear springs?

bigfoot17

#3 Post by bigfoot17 »

Mike, Your springs should be OK. My fronts were 4.7 and the rear seems fine. Can't remember the rate. Once your done with the rebuild, set your sag and try it out. I am at 300 plus pounds and 6'7". I do prefer a cushy ride in the woods,Too stiff and I find that the front end deflects more than absorbs.

exotic rider

#4 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Oct 8 2012, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mike, Your springs should be OK. My fronts were 4.7 and the rear seems fine. Can't remember the rate. Once your done with the rebuild, set your sag and try it out. I am at 300 plus pounds and 6'7". I do prefer a cushy ride in the woods,Too stiff and I find that the front end deflects more than absorbs.

Yeah I deft want to try it out stock and toy with settings,I just ask about springs so if I need em I got some options.