Gt Thunder somethingorother...

marshall100

#21 Post by marshall100 »

Same old same old, not fit enough for motocross! I'd sooner spend 2 hours riding flat out than 20 minutes. But it's my first full year, I've not had a single DNF on an un modified motor, and I've rubbed a few peoples noses in it, on what is ultimately the oldest bike in the line up.

Going to do some enduro's next year, and being an unknown outside of my county I'll be in the sportsman class (novice) which should be a huge advantage!

Time to get a rowing machine I think.

jesshamner

#22 Post by jesshamner »

There is no better practice than to get out and ride it like you stole it.

cannondale27

#23 Post by cannondale27 »

Definitly. At 43 I have Dunlop problem at beginning of season and as years go by it is harder and harder to get rid of. But I am proud to say that at end of this year I am seeing a bit of tone to the stomach and I have never felt better. Not saying riding made me A-class but it sure improved me alot. Now just have to figure out how to stay in shape I am in to be ready for beginning of next year. I got to say though everything about riding be it the people you meet, scenery, sense of accomplishment it sure beats a gym! Although there is some nice scenery there also tongue.gif

marshall100

#24 Post by marshall100 »

It's why I have two bikes, the road bike will come out in the winter to keep me a bit sharp (after I've put the new crank in it!). The biggest problem we have in my part of the world is that there really is no where to practice.

cannondale27

#25 Post by cannondale27 »

Put a track kit on the dirtbike and take it in the mountains. Lot of guys doing that now. They can highmark as far up as most stock sleds and its a huge workout.

marshall100

#26 Post by marshall100 »

By track kit do you mean those tank track type things I often see in dirtwheels?

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes but on a Dirtbike. You have a Motard right?

marshall100

#28 Post by marshall100 »

Ah, no I have two speeds, one which is road legal and a race quad. I'd love to get a motard but I'm not sure a single one was ever shipped to the uk?

cannondale27

#29 Post by cannondale27 »

Oh I see. Sorry. I forgot you guys are lucky enough to be able to ride quads on street. Hey I know what I would do then. Over here they have been installing Round Abouts everywhere. 3 within 2 miles of my house. I know Europe has lots also. They make AWESOME race tracks! My old streetbike can scrape the pegs all the way around one by the second lap. Took the wifes Camry though one at 50mph once. Fun!

marshall100

#30 Post by marshall100 »

I love driving your roads, a roundabout (think you guys call them something else?) is a real novelty over there. There's one on the way to cape cod and all the drivers just sit there looking at one another.

I think I'll speak to the madhatter, would love to have a dale dirtbike over here, and I know he has contacts with regards shipping. What's the going rate for a bike?