blaze ohlins

jacobw

#1 Post by jacobw »

i just bought a set and man these feel stiff, anyone have that impression of the fronts, i had a rear a while back and it felt stiff, i know i put the spring kit on set of speed ohlins shocks and it felt great but these feel stiff, so is it the valving cause it seems to me there is hardly any sag and a good setup shock should sag 1-2 inches. Steve you have a set fill me in man i may need a tweak job on these as well as the rear

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

First check all your balljoints and arm pivots if any are sticky that could be the cause.Then set preload at zero with wheels off ground,put about a 3/4 in gap to top on crossover.Clickers in middle.Then set your rebound then set compression.Counterclockwise make it softer.If quad rolls in turns make the crossover gap less.If not try making gap even bigger which will make ride softer.You need to find happy medium.They are not a PEP or Axis longtravel but are so adjustable they should be able to make you happy.If not maybe they need a service.

jacobw

#3 Post by jacobw »

i think they need a service bad, also they ground the bushing narroe to fit another brand do you know how much they are through ohlins and the o-ring i will try to take some preload out to see if that helps

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

They only have 2 rides on them since Steve serviced them....

jacobw

#5 Post by jacobw »

ok need to soften them up somehow man they are stiff

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

Jacob,

I believe it has been awhile since Steve has seem them, but the guy's bike has been down for a while as well. Worst case scenario, send them to Steve to verify the condition.

Ken